Author Topic: Transparent Commands for Section View  (Read 2234 times)

dfarris75

Transparent Commands for Section View
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »
Is it just me or are there no transparent commands for using in the section view? I guess there would be little use for them in section view if the program worked properly, but with the issues I've had with section views... Anyway...

It would be nice to have transparent commands in section views for what I am wanting to do. Not that big a deal really though.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Transparent Commands for Section View
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
Is it just me or are there no transparent commands for using in the section view? I guess there would be little use for them in section view if the program worked properly, but with the issues I've had with section views... Anyway...

It would be nice to have transparent commands in section views for what I am wanting to do. Not that big a deal really though.

No transparent command for section views exist. however what are you trying to do that you need or want them?  And it's really PIPES that are messing with you and your sections. ;)
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
Yeah because our project requires fancy structure sections (see my recent post that showed the fdot styled section) and I have not yet had that meeting with Part Builder to arrange my structure order. Thus I conceived the idea of creating a block out of said structure(s) and inserting it into the section views based on offset and elev. if it were at all possible. Nary you worry though. There are other ways around it.

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 12:13:43 PM »
It may be quicker/easier to just set the insertion point to something I can snap to (ie - eop) anyway.

jugglerbri

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 12:22:20 PM »
Have you tried the tool "Project Objects to Section View" in 2010?  It may do what you need.  You can even use multi-view blocks.

<edit>  Dang it, didn't notice you were using 2008.  Sorry.

dfarris75

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »
Yeah I'll likely be "stuck" in '08 for some time.

jugglerbri

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
Out of curiosity, are you not on subscription or do you have another reason for not upgrading?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »
If I may interject; Rusty is with a small Engineering company, in a very competitive, and Economy Impacted city in Florida.
I think they exemplify a typical small company, and the customers reluctance to be forced down the path of constant upgrades through the subscription program, and the lost productivity inherent therein (Anyone see my MAP menu in the C3D 2010 Ribbon?  OH, imagine that they decided to STOP loading MAP by default how handy, now every one must do thishttp://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=13267172&linkID=9240697.  They like many of the companies to whom I provide services are frustrated with each new version offering tools, that Do NOT function as advertised, lack of product support (service packs) for older versions.  For many companies the upgrade cycle simply does not match their Project cycles, and they find themselves' like Rusty here using older versions which autodesk has decided they will release NO MORE patches for despite being on subscription.  That and leaving things broken, like Plan Production tools (More Empty Band Sets anyone), and the continuing issues with Pipes.  I think you can add that up as to why folks are not upgrading, and not on subscription. 
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 05:18:06 PM »
The boss refused to upgrade after '08. That simple. Bottom line; it costs too much for broken software (see previous post). I think they need a class action against them for false advertisement of what their product can, or supposedly can, do.