Author Topic: Wierd Publishing Problem  (Read 6928 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Wierd Publishing Problem
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »
:-D This is beginning to be a daily update.  Yesterday I could plot and publish just fine.  Today I have one page that won't plot or print on the wide format printer but it plots and publishes just fine to my regular printer.

I'm confused!  :lol:

create a new page setup for it and try again...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

KewlToyZ

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 09:43:10 AM »
Like I said, setup a central location for these page setups that work for each plotter.
Name the files according to sheet size and place the page setups in the proper size file.
When publishing, import that page setup and it should work everytime, provided you use the plot styles as well.

Avanti

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 07:12:50 AM »
KewlToyZ,

I already have them in a central location and they worked just fine before the layoff.  The ony thing that's changed is they took the printer off my computer and put it on the network.  We've had the tech guy in and he blames the printer software.  So, of course the printer tech blames the network.

Tune in for more of the daily soap opera!  :lol:

KewlToyZ

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 12:30:37 PM »
LOL, well, actually it could me a permissions problem with the printer or the driver installed on the server, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the printer on your machine?
like:
On your machine Go to Printers & Faxes, delete the printer there.
Go to the Run dialog box, enter \\YourPrintServerMachineName

See if there are two separate listings for the printer there or if it is being shared at all.
If there are two separate listings, talk to the ITwit about it.
If there is just one listing, double click on the printer, it should install itself to your machine.

You may have to go a bit more extensive if there is a driver mismatch and they used an older driver as opposed to the one you have installed. You may have to stop and restart your Print Spooler in the services.msc when removing the printer just to get the right port settings over the network too.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:35:14 PM by KewlToyZ »