Author Topic: Wierd Publishing Problem  (Read 6948 times)

Avanti

Wierd Publishing Problem
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:57 AM »
I came back to work after a long layoff :| vacation and my computer was trashed.  I thought I had everything working again, but ran into a weird publishing problem today.   

I'm using Acad 2009, and they hired a new IT guy.  I can print my drawings just fine, but when I publish to our wide format plotter, the first page is incomplete.  Sometimes it's a couple of views and others it's a couple of views and my format.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Did you solve it?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Wierd Publishing Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
I'm guessing the drawing looks fine on the screen. Can you provide us with the dwg?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »
sounds like a driver/configuration issue from AZ
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:46 PM »
This could be a memory issue. Try to plot it again with less DPI.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

KewlToyZ

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »
PUBLISHCOLLATE 0
?

Make sure your page setup references the same PC3 file and it recognizes the plotter.

Avanti

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 07:52:55 AM »
Everything was working fine when I left and I'm the only one here that knows anything about Acad.  How's that for wierd?  Anyway, I'm working through each suggestion as I have time.

Thanks again for the help. :-)

Avanti

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
Mark,

Not only does it look fine, it prints fine to the same printer.  It's only sheet one and only when I Publish.

I'm confused!

Shinyhead

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 08:33:18 AM »
It isn't just you. My machine started doing exactly that on Friday on a brand new installation of Acad Full 2009.
Have yet to track it down, but will see what I can find.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 10:20:52 AM »
2009 plagued me with many publishing crashes, finally Autodesk stated that 2010 would solve the problem and it did.

I run a file repair routine to try and fix these issues, mainly we get rid of anything out of the ordinary from a straight cad file.

I'll attach them as a potential list of items to try.

Note: We use the cannoscale reactor from the swamp to set linetype scale by dimscale for our own ratio.

It is forced by MSLTCALE & PSLTSCALE being set to 0

KewlToyZ

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 10:24:18 AM »
the rest of the routines

Avanti

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
I've read that 2010 is kind of iffy saving back to an earlier format.  We have to do this all the time around here so I'm a little reluctant to load the new stuff.  So... what's your opinion?

Thanks,
Betty

KewlToyZ

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 11:43:41 AM »
I was not advising to use these, all I am suggesting is look through the variables I have in the system.
Compare them to the sysvar's in the current file giving you issues or compare the problem file sysvars to another file that works in the project to find any differences. Try the VARS2SCR from the other thread in the swamp.
It outputs all to an scr file to open with notepad.
I have noticed Annotative objects & aec/aecb to be problematic between versions so we get rid of them completely.

Currently I use 2007 file formats company wide.
My only issues so far I have had to handle:

; Convert polylines upon file open: fixes 2010 bug until the service pack is released
(command "convert" "Polyline" "All")
(prompt"\n   Converting polylines to fix 2010 formatting.....\n")

; Fixes 2010 CTD bug until the service pack is released
(command "DYNMODE" 0)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:52:48 AM by KewlToyZ »

Avanti

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:48 AM »
Today I worked on another new drawing and it published just fine.  Now I'm really confused.  The only thing I can find that's been changed is the name of the wide format printer.  I can't seem to convince the IT guys that it causes lots of extra work when they decide to tinker with computer names.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
Our normal practice is to create a central folder on the network with our default page setups in files named after each sheet size. This speeds up publishing because the page setups are no longer in the files themselves other than default PLT setups.
Mainly because since 2007 the publish system searches the path of every page setup in every drawing over and over as it loads up slowing the load times significantly for publishing.
The system of centralizing them for import at publish time insures that they are the right publishing format everytime.

Avanti

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »
 :-D This is beginning to be a daily update.  Yesterday I could plot and publish just fine.  Today I have one page that won't plot or print on the wide format printer but it plots and publishes just fine to my regular printer.

I'm confused!  :lol: