Author Topic: Display Full Section in Section Views  (Read 4376 times)

dfarris75

Re: Display Full Section in Section Views
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:47 AM »
But those are the corridor SURFACE sections right? And you said that I really didn't want to show those in section view, but rather the corridor links and shapes...??? What the heck?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
OK

here is the rundown....it is a weakness of the section tool/corridor object

you will want to run the sample lines down the BASELINE that the corridor object is attached to...see attached images.

otherwise you will NOT have the corridor object in the list of sampled objects.

you are going to want or need to change your assembly such that it uses your Nuns and Geezers Road Centerline as the baseline and then add an OFFSET component to your assembly such that it will follow your left and right EOP alignments as I see them in the file.
Then a sample line run down that baseline will reveal the corridor object.

or turn ON those corridor surfaces, you have off, and be prepared to witness the weirdness, of DEGENERATE Triangles....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:58:50 PM »
Oh another weakness. Nice.

Yeah I had turned those corridor surfaces off due to the weirdness. I wanted to see the real deal (corridor).

I suppose I can add the offset to my current assembly...? I will try and see what happens.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »
Oh another weakness. Nice.

Yeah I had turned those corridor surfaces off due to the weirdness. I wanted to see the real deal (corridor).

I suppose I can add the offset to my current assembly...? I will try and see what happens.
You DO NOT want to do that...

You do want to create a NEW assembly...
then select it and Rt-click and chose Add OFFSET
here you will add your left/right EOP offset object, this will follow you EOP alignment, all the while using the centerline as the baseline for the corridor, and the EOP alignment and profile  will be assigned to your offset object, all other targets will be assigned as per normal.

big rule to remember about the offset object....

IF you lace it mathematically correct relative to the assembly Baseline, you need NOT assign a(n) alignment of profile for it to follow,
however the INSTANT you assign an alignment for the offset object to follow, one must also assign a profile to go with it, or the offset objects slam down to elevation ZERO.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
Well I already did... and it worked, at least this time. May not be so fortunate next time.

Now is there a way to make the corridor labels (in section view) draggable? I have labels associated with the links in the code set I applied showing the slopes. In the section view the corridor section is all one object though, including the labels.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Now is there a way to make the corridor labels (in section view) draggable? I have labels associated with the links in the code set I applied showing the slopes. In the section view the corridor section is all one object though, including the labels.

Hold down the CTRL key

select the label you want to be draggin

and have a nice day!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »
Dude you're a Civil 3d dragon. Haha! Get it? draggin = dragon. Heh. *crickets begin to chirp*

THANK YOU

Now where is that thread about eg not showing up in the view/edit corridor section?... *walks away mumbling*

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
uh, the EG surface looks fine in my trip into the View Edit Section Tool...

modify your surface style <Section View component> to help it stand out form all them other surfaces...
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »
Section View component in surface style? I don't see that in the surface style. You lookin in '08?

dfarris75

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »
OK so I have to have the surface border turned ON in the surface style (2d category) in order for it to show up. weird

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 02:30:32 PM »
OK so I have to have the surface border turned ON in the surface style (2d category) in order for it to show up. weird

wierder-er yet

one must have the 2d triangles turned on or the render materials will not render
Be your Best

Michael Farrell