Author Topic: Background Mask turns solid white with no visible text!  (Read 4728 times)

prymal

Background Mask turns solid white with no visible text!
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:43:07 PM »
HI, I'm using Acad 2010 Gator on win xp pro sp3. Whenever I try to use a background mask with either text or dimension text I get a solid white square with no visible text. Ive seen this problem occur before in the past, but can't remember the fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the web extensively with no solution. Appreciate any help here!
TIA!
Paul Rymal
Rymal Drafting Inc. :kewl:

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Re: Background Mask turns solid white with no visible text!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
Maybe .... *shrug*
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »
mask or wipeout?

also check your Draworder, your mask is probably wanting to be Sent to back....
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

prymal

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 04:16:17 PM »
Yes I have myself set to background mask & the fill color is "use drawing background color! I have tried all drawing orders. Nothing seems to work here. Hard to believe no one else has come across this one. If anyone else has any ideas I would surely appreciate it. I need to get these dwgs out . Thanks again!
Paul

James Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
Yes I have myself set to background mask & the fill color is "use drawing background color! I have tried all drawing orders. Nothing seems to work here. Hard to believe no one else has come across this one. If anyone else has any ideas I would surely appreciate it. I need to get these dwgs out . Thanks again!
Paul

Double check and see what your visual style is set to.

prymal

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 05:21:13 PM »
No visual styles won't fix this. I'm using 2d geometry no 3d here. I have finally found some supporting info on the internet. Seems like this is a printer driver issue. Some people are able to use the "background" mask while others report the same black or white filled box and no text, with both local printer as well as pdf. Guess I'll have to take the long road here & use the wipeout command then drag my dim or text into the box & set my draworder. Can't believe they haven't resolved this one yet. Lets put it on the wishlist perhaps!
Thanks again!
Paul

James Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
Background Masks and Wipeouts (amongst other types of 2D objects) will display with a solid fill with certain visual styles activated.

If the drawing is all 2D objects, you wouldn't even really notice that you have the wrong visual style set, except for certain objects such as this.  It's happened to me plenty of times, because I use visual styles decently often.  Just a thought.

but then again... you're saying this only happens when you PRINT, or on screen too?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
perhaps you could post a sample drawing so that we can eperiment with what you have there?

And then we can stop throwing darts at it.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/