Author Topic: Managing corridor display  (Read 4191 times)

banner

Managing corridor display
« on: June 29, 2009, 02:46:34 PM »
All,

I am trying to use the corridor model linework and would like to hide the lines horizontal to the baseline.  I set the frequency to .1' on curves and would be thrilled if I could figure out to hide all that linework.

thanks,

Banner-ldw

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Managing corridor display
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »
what lines exactly are you trying to not show? the lines perpendicular to the baseline or parallel?

the assembly/sub assembly Links, and Shapes?

this is all controlled by the Code Set Style one applies these are found under General on the Settings Tab
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

banner

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »
I am trying to hide the perpendicular ones.  I am on a different computer today and cannot get the screen shot to work so I am taking a pic of the screen.  I took a cleaner pic of the corridor and the line I would like to hide has the red x on it.  I have hidden some lines using the toggle on the connect column on the feature line tab of the corridor properties dialog box.  I took a pic of the code set style that I am using if that is any help.

thanks

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 05:31:12 PM »
this will most likely be the Pave links in your assemblies wanting to be set to the NO Display Stlye.

You are going to create some issues with your corridor materials by turning off the connect links, under the feature lines tab.

is this the same file I have from earlier?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 05:37:36 PM »
In a very basic form, I use this Code Set Style for a Corridor to only display the featurelines. This has no effect on volumes, sections, etc. You can expand on it to show the different featurelines however you want.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 05:48:13 PM »
In a very basic form, I use this Code Set Style for a Corridor to only display the featurelines. This has no effect on volumes, sections, etc. You can expand on it to show the different featurelines however you want.

Your code set will NOT affect volumes

Turning off the connection of similar Feature Lines from within the corridor will.

Two different animals.

The user will want to assign a NO Display Style (or set up Layers) for the plan view of the links within his corridor assembly that produce the perpendicular lines he does not want.

See Attached
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:20:11 PM »
The user will want to assign a NO Display Style (or set up Layers) for the plan view of the links within his corridor assembly that produce the perpendicular lines he does not want.
I fail to see how yours is any different than that which I posted......but instead of specifying each one, and having to add more if more subassemblies are added, I used the <default> of No Show to accomplish the same thing. Works for all corridors, all of the time. Very simple.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
I fail to see how yours is any different than that which I posted......but instead of specifying each one, and having to add more if more subassemblies are added, I used the <default> of No Show to accomplish the same thing. Works for all corridors, all of the time. Very simple.

No one said "this is the only way"

My explanation covers any and all possible options a user might want to consider in managing their corridor display properties.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

banner

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
hey guys,

a very appreciated thank you.  I incorporated elements from both of your advice by connecting all the feature lines and managing the display to only show the ones I want.  I also created a "no display" code set style and hid the corridor to only display the feature lines.

Banner ldw