Author Topic: Does Autocad MEP contains Architecture?  (Read 1826 times)

James Cannon

Does Autocad MEP contains Architecture?
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
Does Autocad MEP 2010 contain everything that Autocad Architecture 2010 has, plus the MEP stuff? 

Is there anything lacking in MEP that Architecture does have?

I can't get in touch with the New Orleans reseller office at Applied Technology Group just now.

Also, what's the going rate for MEP and Architecture, on subscription?

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
Re: Does Autocad MEP contains Architecture?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 03:37:26 PM »
Does Autocad MEP 2010 contain everything that Autocad Architecture 2010 has, plus the MEP stuff? 
Yup.  Well, at least it does in 2009.  I've got to figure that 2010 is no different (I don't have 2010 installed so...).

Is there anything lacking in MEP that Architecture does have?
MEP is built on top of Architecture although I'm not sure if all of the architectural templates are there.  I think they are.

Also, what's the going rate for MEP and Architecture, on subscription?
You can pretty much bank on 5-6 G's per seat.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

James Cannon

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 03:43:02 PM »
Thanks, I finally got through to the reseller and he's sending me a quote comparison for Revit MEP suite, Architecture, and MEP, and he confirmed that as well.

After seeing what the guys in the back are doing in MEP, I'm really hoping I get the boss to get me Architecture and some training.

95% of the 'back burner' projects I have set on my to-do list to develop/program, and 100% of the ones the boss requested are already automated/taken care of in the verticals!  It'd almost be stupid to waste me time programming (something I only love once I'm finished, and hate it while I'm doing it) when it's already done (better than I could/would do!)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »
The Revit MEP Suite is quite a package.
You are going to have quite a bit to learn with that one  ;-)

James Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:24:36 PM »
The Revit MEP Suite is quite a package.
You are going to have quite a bit to learn with that one  ;-)

If we got Revit MEP Suite, it'd only be to use Autocad MEP and have the Revit MEP there just as an extra... it'd be nicer if I could mix'n'match though and get a Revit Structural Suite that came with Autocad MEP instead of Autodesk Structural Detailing.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »
You will have the options there to venture into BIM and still lean on AutoCAD as your primary workhorse without the limitations of what you do and don't know about the BIM Interface workflow.

James Cannon

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »
You will have the options there to venture into BIM and still lean on AutoCAD as your primary workhorse without the limitations of what you do and don't know about the BIM Interface workflow.

We have no need to go to BIM just yet, none of our clients are using Revit, or even thinking about using Revit.

Considering it was double the price of Autocad MEP I doubt we'll consider it.  I don't see a reason to.  I told the reseller to throw the quote on the list because he said it was "just a couple hundred more" though $200 in "sales speak" is actually $1,000.

Only $995 to upgrade our AutoCAD ACE to AutoCAD MEP ACE.  (The ACE is on the quote, which makes me even more paranoid about this)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »
Hmm I sort of wonder does ACE mean Architectural + Civil + Engineering?
I am running 2010 MEP and the new formatting has me a bit cautious.
But I am finding some nice things, some not so nice.

Bethrine

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
I was just noticing the families and such myself (Revit MEP 2010). I gotta say...it looks completely different from my older CAD program!