Author Topic: Can't get partial CUIx Ribbon contents to show up in UI  (Read 1299 times)

Steve Johnson

Can't get partial CUIx Ribbon contents to show up in UI
« on: April 24, 2009, 03:30:32 AM »
I've done a partial CUIx in 2010 (attached, remove .txt extension) containing a Ribbon panel and a tab containing that panel. I can't seem to persuade AutoCAD 2010 to use that Ribbon stuff. I've set the tab settings to merge, but no merging happens. I've attempted to get things showing up by using the Customize Workspace button in CUI and turning on the appropriate check box, but after doing so there is no sign of the panel or tab being visible in the Ribbon right-click menu or in the CUI Customize Workspace tree in the top right panel. No, I can't use Transfer, I need to point at the partial CUIx, not copy its contents into the main one.

Have I missed something, or is this as broken as it looks? Has anybody else got it working?

Doing this manually is one small step, but if the Ribbon contents merge is not going to happen automatically on CUILOAD, I will need to do it under program control, like (menucmd "P...") for pull-downs. I haven't found any documentation about how to do this. Any clues?

Steve Johnson

Re: Can't get partial CUIx Ribbon contents to show up in UI
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:06:46 AM »
Hmm, part of the problem may be that AutoCAD is killing the panel and tab I've created, which must surely be a bug. I've managed to capture the CUIx at the moment in time that the panel and tab still exist (attached), but soon after loading and attempting to use this partial, the panel and tab gets killed and doesn't come back.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »
Ever figure this out?
I just waxed entire menus I had applied for 2 hrs with a Workspace control save.
It saved it all to the workspace instead of the cui I place it into.
This thing sucks so far.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »
OK success!
I just migrated every toolbar to a ribbon tab.
Uhhhh ok all of a sudden the entire AutoCAD platform is running faster.
The CUI.... loads in milliseconds, easier to edit.
I'm actually getting enthusiatic about the new replacement for toolbars that can autohide under a title.
I can format the layout any way I want for the psuedo toolbar when it comes up as well.
I'm actually finding something positive with the changes.  :wink: :-D