CAD Forums > CAD General

polyline's are acting wierd.

(1/2) > >>

Anonymous:
polyline problem.

When I draw a rectangle using the "rectang" button I am at the moment unable to offset the polyline "inwards".

allow me to elaborate slightly.

draw a rectangle 1000x2500.  offset. type in 200.  select inside the rectangle and nothing happens.  if I select outside the rectangle it behaves normally, I have another rectangle that his 200mm outside the original one.

BUT. if I zoom extents.  the rectangle that I wanted to appear inside the first rectangle that I drew, but didn't appear NOW appears at UCS world.  the centre of area of the rectangle being at 0,0.

any takers?

I appreciate all advice including the one that involve the destruction of my machine.

thanks in advance

My machine is acting really weird today.

Diarmuid

p.s. I saw faranhieht 911 last night (recently released on DVD).  for god sake don't re-elect him.  ABB (anyone but bush)

hendie:
isn't there an issue where if your trying to do this at a large distance from the UCS origin that it creates the offset back at the origin ?

M-dub:
:lol:

Ok, I won't touch the politics with a ten foot pole, but have a look at your units.  Maybe it's trying to offset in feet or something?

Keith™:
I will....
Michael Moore, the originator of this film, has made the assertion, and continues to do so that "There is NO terrorist threat" Given that stance I cannot believe any of his propaganda.

diarmuid:
thanks for the tips guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version