Author Topic: Very New Civil 3D  (Read 4632 times)

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
Very New Civil 3D
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:56 PM »
Hi Swampers,

I am struggling with Civil 3D. I have done a few profiles and created a surface or two with it.  But that's it and it was relatively easy.

The thing that I am busy now with is re-surfacing of existing roads.  It is seven roads that needs re-surfacing and one new road.  I feel like  :cry: :oops: 8-) :? :-o :-(  :ugly:  :evil: :lol: :police: :realmad: :mrgreen: :grazy: :loco: at the moment.  It's difficult the describe the feeling.

I have download the white paper on re-surfacing from autocad's website, but it's not much of help.

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a decent re-surfacing/re-sheeting tutorial for Civil 3D?
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

sinc

Re: Very New Civil 3D
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 11:36:39 PM »
There are some pretty powerful tools in C3D.  But in order to use them, you need to learn how to build Corridors.  Then I think you still need to dig into the Tool Catalog to find the Overlay subassemblies.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
Willie,

If you can send me what you believe to be the typical section (existing conditions, and what will be over layed/milled) I will happily suggest which Rehab sub assemblies you want to use in your corridor model.

Note that I said model singularly; as I imagine that all of the roads tie into each other, and in the end you will have one corridor that models all of these roads and ties them all together.  Unless they do not connect to each other.
This is the fun part of C3D!

You will want to study very carefully the help file diagrams on those babies, as they are somewhat complex, and have interesting attachment and targeting parameters!
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:10:02 AM »
Thanks Michael.

Give me a day or two an d I will send you something.  At the moment I am still learning a lot about C3D.  Do a three day crash course just scratched the surface of the software.  We barely touch any style settings and there are hundreds of settings and things to change.

And I still have a lot of reading to do.  C3D is one of those programs that you spend some quality time with, to get to know it.

I have a few construction drawings that was done with software similar to Civil 3D.  My idea is to re-design the the old roads with Civil 3D.

Thanks
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
Thanks Michael.

Give me a day or two an d I will send you something.  At the moment I am still learning a lot about C3D.  Do a three day crash course just scratched the surface of the software.  We barely touch any style settings and there are hundreds of settings and things to change.

And I still have a lot of reading to do.  C3D is one of those programs that you spend some quality time with, to get to know it.

I have a few construction drawings that was done with software similar to Civil 3D.  My idea is to re-design the the old roads with Civil 3D.

Thanks

Exactly why I never try to do any C3D training in less tha 5 days.  This gives us lots of time to explore all areas the users are in need of knowing by the time I leave them on their own.  Plenty of repitition, and lots of 'what if' explorations.  All while I am there to guide them, and sovle the problems that pop up.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/