Author Topic: Variable Naming Convention  (Read 4565 times)

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Variable Naming Convention
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
I didn't find it a bit funny.  :-(
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

mmason

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »
Wait a minute; I thought the best way to bolster job security, as well as encourage a relaxed work environment, was to give variables friendly names like Fred, Helga, Spanky, etc.  Isn’t it also recommended to set the same variable to several different names, as a variety enhancement to alleviate boredom?

There is also the paranoid programmer's pre-compiled method:

(if (= (+ &*^%$%$#@^&^ !@!#@$%$#%&) &*^%^$@#@$$!*) (princ (strcat %$^#&*!@# ", Spanky"))

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »
Wait a minute; I thought the best way to bolster job security, as well as encourage a relaxed work environment, was to give variables friendly names like Fred, Helga, Spanky, etc.  Isn’t it also recommended to set the same variable to several different names, as a variety enhancement to alleviate boredom?

I actually stole this concept from a hilarious list somewhere that encourages sensible coding techniques by expounding the “virtues” of the opposite.  I don’t suppose anyone has recalls that link?

I did find this: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=1786.msg22798#msg22798
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

SEANT

• Bull Frog
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
Sean Tessier
AutoCAD 2016 Mechanical

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »

I actually stole this concept from a hilarious list somewhere that encourages sensible coding techniques by expounding the “virtues” of the opposite.  I don’t suppose anyone has recalls that link?

I did find this: http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=1786.msg22798#msg22798

HAHahahah that is brilliant CAB   :lol: