Author Topic: Remove all material references?  (Read 1545 times)

KewlToyZ

Remove all material references?
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
I searched around with Google and Help and in here.
Maybe you guys know a better set of terms to find the info?

I am trying to find out how to purge, detach, remove all material references from a drawing?

KewlToyZ

Re: Remove all material references?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
Hmmm ok apparently using -ExportToAutoCAD does the job well enough.
I had it in the other routine, but all of the other items I ran against it were letting the materials remain.
Have to re-work my approach.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
Maybe if you post a drawing as an example of some of the circumstances you might get more help.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:30:20 PM »
Thanks Tim,
I trust the Swamp crew but cleaning up the file to be comfortable with my work not raising a red flag over posting client files may remove the cause of the problem that generated it in the first place.
I think some of the bugs I was having are errors generated in the drawing database.
Audits and purges seemed to have cleared them up.
Most of it seems to stem from the order I process the client files for background use internally.
Quite a few of the routines I run are meant to affect items directly in the drawing.
When they are aec based in XREF's it gets a bit funky for the routines to have any effect.
I was just thinking out of the box to consider a routine that generates an scr file of the XREF's in the drawing.
ExportToAutoCAD and bind the references with a prefix on the filename.
Write that filename to the scr file, then close the file I was in, and open the file that was created to explode the blocks named from the XREF's. Audit, purge, then run my routines on the files.

I'm likely reaching pretty far out to beleive it would work in most cases without writing a fairly involved arx application though.

I'm going to look through the ExportToAutoCAD feature and see if there is an explode blocks option.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:35:03 PM by KewlToyZ »

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »
I understand.  I can't post a lot of my company's drawings either.  Hope you find a way to work it out.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.