Author Topic: AutoCAD 2010 .NET. Anyone had a look yet?  (Read 4145 times)

mcarson

AutoCAD 2010 .NET. Anyone had a look yet?
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »
Downloaded AutoCAD 2010 through subscription on Friday. Installed it. Bit different. :-o

Although the ObjectARX 2010 is not yet available for download outside of ADN, I just referenced acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll from the installation directory to have a look at the new API.
Anyone else had a chance?

The following screenshot from Reflector looks interesting...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:22:20 AM by mcarson »

wannabe

Re: AutoCAD 2010 .NET. Anyone had a look yet?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
I've read about the ability to overwrite the worldDraw(). That looks like it could give me some humorous moments - messing with someone elses machine so when they draw lines it looks like something offensive etc.

wannabe

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 07:15:07 AM »
Does 2010 .NET API now utilise 3.5 framework - can we use LINQ now?

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:04 AM »
Does 2010 .NET API now utilise 3.5 framework - can we use LINQ now?

FYI You could/can use linq and 3.5 on previous versions as well

wannabe

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Cheers for the information. I thought I read elsewhere that we weren't capable of using 3.5 features.

Doesn't matter now. Cheers, again.

mcarson

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
Downloaded AutoCAD 2010 through subscription on Friday. Installed it. Bit different. :-o

Although the ObjectARX 2010 is not yet available for download outside of ADN, I just referenced
acmgd.dll and acdbmgd.dll from the installation directory to have a look at the new API.
Anyone else had a chance?

On further investigation, after getting the ObjectARX 2010 most of the annoyances with eWasErased while iterating through SymbolTable
with that beautiful fix from TonyT are still there (unless I still have not looked deep enough)

One very annoying change to the API (for the moment anyway) are the AcAp and AcRx aliases that seem to be common are now namespaces
in the acmgd.dll - Namespace Conflicts!

I am already planning for implementing AutoCAD 2010 within the next year, with migrating all code.

Cheers for the information. I thought I read elsewhere that we weren't capable of using 3.5 features.

Doesn't matter now. Cheers, again.
AutoCAD 2010 uses a LOT of 3.5 Framework, in particular WPF. Looks great!

wannabe

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »
I've not looked into WPF at all. Could you save me searching a million google results and provide me with some links or good literature I can purchase, please?

mcarson

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
I've not looked into WPF at all. Could you save me searching a million google results and provide me with some links or good literature I can purchase, please?

Microsoft provides a good starting point. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms754130.aspx
Wrox provide good hard-copy material. http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Professional-WPF-Programming-NET-Development-with-the-Windows-Presentation-Foundation.productCd-0470041803.html

I can see that you are interested in a few technologies. What I have learned is to concentrate on one technology. Then move on.

Good link from Glenn R http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=22058.0

wannabe

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 03:43:50 PM »
I suppose if something is mentioned in a topic where I have an interest then I should be in education-alert mode and make the effort to at least get a general understanding of its concept.

Cheers for the links.