Author Topic: Function definition..  (Read 6501 times)

Spike Wilbury

Re: Function definition..
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
How old are you 7?  I remember starting programming in about 1980-81

you was a 9 years old? - or my math is to bad nowdays or your age (in the profile) is not correct....  :-o

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »
How old are you 7?  I remember starting programming in about 1980-81

you was a 9 years old? - or my math is to bad nowdays or your age (in the profile) is not correct....  :-o

Maybe his specified age, 38, is in hex, which would make him 56 base 10.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

deegeecees

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
I have you benchmarked at 3:28 for your response time Mike, let's try and tighten that up a bit, nkay?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »
9-10 is correct, 4th grade programming in basic on a Commodore Pet, and yes im 38
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »
How old am I? I'm 32.
I touched a computer for the first time at about 23 (not counting the typing class in high school i faked my way through or the papers i wrote in my first couple of years as a psych major) when i started school for this field. ...I created my first menu button in my internship.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »
Man, i wish i would have started at 4th grade; maybe i would understand this stuff better then i do!
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »
9-10 is correct, 4th grade programming in basic on a Commodore Pet, and yes im 38

It is a very young age, to get and understand programming - and even like it... good for you.

I first knew about programming when I was 17 (and remember that I saw some TurboPascal, working for the project Alfex, a civil application for the production of all the geometry of residential subdivisions), but did not got into it, until I was like 23 or 24 (like 10 years ago..... :) )

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
When we were programming, we were making a text based game similar to Zork.  We called it Journey to the Center of the Earth.  It was all decision based logic, that followed a pattern, so if you knew the pattern, you could beat the game, otherwise, you traveled through tunnels, going to various places, over waterfalls, battling 50 foot cobra snakes, etc
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 02:55:58 PM »
I forget what you called it, when you use acsii characters to make pictures, but thats what we did.  There was about 6 of us, and we went to the city finals in the science fair.