Author Topic: Bounding box  (Read 6646 times)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Bounding box
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 10:50:48 AM »
Note to self: Mixing ActiveX with certain entity handling functions, "a sure way to crash VisualLISP" (< A2K4).

I have not observed this despite writing buckets of mixed code but I'll watch for it. Thanks Stig.

:)
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

SMadsen

Bounding box
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 11:43:29 AM »
Really? I can't count the times I've gotten access violations when using mixed code.

I've just spent half an hour looking through some text documents for a post from which I for the first time was able to reproduce the exceptions. But to no avail. Oh well. Just like making mayonaise: mix until it doesn't split. Or until it splits? Can't even remember that one (must be getting old!).

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Bounding box
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 12:08:13 PM »
I too have had problems mixing the two. Only it wasn't me doing the mixing. I wrote an app that used all entmake/entmod, it only crashed acad when it ran on another machine using VBA/Vlisp. I re-wrote the code to use all vla-add- and the problem went away.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
Bounding box
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 12:55:30 PM »
Now wait a min! The "entmake", "entmod"...  functionality was "replaced" so there should be no need to use the old. Im refering to the stuff that is still "suported by future version of acad".

...Im not trying to start another ELOCK violation discussion here. (I prolly should have been more specific, but i didnt think my comment was gonna be taken so litterly. )
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org