CAD Forums > CAD General

Autodesk Building Systems 2004/5

(1/1)

hyposmurf:
Anyone using this software ?Its meant to be the new building services CAD software,but I dont know anyone using it,whats it like?What are the ups and downs of the software?What is the 3D side like have they used similar tools as CADpipe for modelling pipework?

PDJ:
I don't use it and I only know of two cadd techies out of a dozen or so companies here in town that I know are using it.   Everything is drawn in 2D and has 3D values in it so that when you're finished, it's all 3D without the hassle.  The main problem I see is that if your subs (i.e. mechanical, electrical, HVAC, etc.) aren't using it, there may be some compatibility issues.  It looks like a dandy program but, like with all AutoDesk products, you might want to wait a couple of versions for everything to click right.

I think, eventually, it'll mesh with Land Desktop or the Civil Design 3d package and give you a complete product in 3D. I think it has promise.

hyposmurf:
Found another piece of Building Services software,this one is more 3D based.It called BSLINK,anyone heard of this?Im just trying to gage what people are using in my industry.

Dent Cermak:
I thought I was the only BSLINK around here ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version