Author Topic: Plot stamp with filename only  (Read 6270 times)

Bob Wahr

Plot stamp with filename only
« on: December 22, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »
I don't use plot stamps very often, but have the need right now.  Is it possible to use the filename only, without the path in a plotstamp?

M-dub

Re: Plot stamp with filename only
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 10:44:12 AM »
I don't know... that has always bugged me too...  It says Drawing Name.  Path should be an additional option!

A suggestion might be to throw a piece of RTEXT wherever you want it with this in it... ( It's not a great suggestion, but ... )

$(getvar, "dwgname")

Bob Wahr

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
Not my most favorite option.  I've got several thousand drawings that would need it inserted before plotting.  Might have to though.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 11:08:58 AM »
FWIW, neither Rtext, nor fields can be inserted as a custom field in the plot stamp.

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
What about a macro to insert it at user-specified point, then start the plot command or do the whole plot right in the macro?  Could even erase it after the plot is done if you wanted to

/my2¢

Bob Wahr

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
Think I'm going to be stuck doing it this way which sucks.  If I can use publish on them, I can print them all to a single PDF, 4 to a sheet.  If I do them separately, I have to combine them later.  No biggie, just an annoyance.

craigr

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »
Doesn't Revdate show the same info - Filename, date, user?

Is LT the only version to have Revdate?

- Though I've read other discussions mentioning it, I've never used Plotstamp and don't even know if LT has it.

craigr

Bob Wahr

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 01:53:28 PM »
I've got a couple thousand details that need to be printed.  I'm trying to avoid doing any sort of modification to them before plotting, to streamline the process.  Plot stamp would do what I need if it would do what I need.  Unfortunately...

M-dub

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
Forgive me for not re-reading the thread, but is there anything in your print driver that might cover this?

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 02:03:18 PM »
Do any of these files have a title block xref'd in?  Please say yes.  If so, just dump a field in the title block, plot, and remove when you're done.
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

Bob Wahr

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 02:09:41 PM »
Forgive me for not re-reading the thread, but is there anything in your print driver that might cover this?
If there were, I prolly wouldn't have begun the thread.

Do any of these files have a title block xref'd in?  Please say yes.  If so, just dump a field in the title block, plot, and remove when you're done.
Nope.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 02:10:11 PM »
It's not a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

M-dub

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »
If there were, I prolly wouldn't have begun the thread.

Never know... even the likes of you are susceptible to the occasional case of methane brain.

jnieman

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
How about writing a quick script to xref in that field that matt suggested on the files needed?