Author Topic: Command line plot preview  (Read 6075 times)

Bob Wahr

Command line plot preview
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:25 AM »
Is it possible?

jnieman

Re: Command line plot preview
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »
is there a way you can "send" (alt+p) to Autocad?

Probably not the most elegant of ways, but to call up the dialog, and then issue alt+p... it WOULD do it... but that's my only thought.

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:34:36 AM »
(command "_.preview")

?

Bob Wahr

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »
Thanks Luis, that is great.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
step next*:

I'm not looking for code, just ideas.  I need to do something that will do a preview of the previous plot configuration, not the current page setup. So far the best idea that I've come up with is to save the current plot settings, set the current layout to the plot previous settings, do the preview, then reset the plot settings.  It's the best way I can think of at the moment but it feels kind of sloppy to me.  Any suggestions welcome.

* I love it when users ask for one thing and actually want something else entirely.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »
I didn't think this much time could pass without swampers giving their opinions.

Matt__W

• Seagull
  • I like my water diluted.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:10 AM »
I didn't think this much time could pass without swampers giving their opinions.
Ummm... Greg smells.   :-)
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Owner/FAA sUAS Pilot @ http://skyviz.io

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:38 AM »
Plaid suits you.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 11:18:49 AM »
I'm not looking for code, just ideas.  I need to do something that will do a preview of the previous plot configuration, not the current page setup. So far the best idea that I've come up with is to save the current plot settings, set the current layout to the plot previous settings, do the preview, then reset the plot settings.  It's the best way I can think of at the moment but it feels kind of sloppy to me.  Any suggestions welcome.
Is it really that much trouble for them to fire up the plot dialog box, select previous plot, then preview??

I hate when users have stupid requests for things that would take me more time to search for/code a solution rather than having them click one extra button.
Autodesk Expert Elite

Greg B

• Seagull
  • Tell me a Joke!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »

Well Jeez!  Just because I didn't shower for a couple of days.

Man...I was just trying to keep a few annoying cow-orkers away from me.

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »

Well Jeez!  Just because I didn't shower for a couple of days.

Man...I was just trying to keep a few annoying cow-orkers away from me.
:-D
Autodesk Expert Elite

Bob Wahr

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 11:28:37 AM »
Is it really that much trouble for them to fire up the plot dialog box, select previous plot, then preview??

I hate when users have stupid requests for things that would take me more time to search for/code a solution rather than having them click one extra button.
I agree there.  He asked for a button that would plot previous.  No problem there, not ridiculously useful but if it will give him one less thing to cry about (yeah, one of those) it's worth it.  That's not good enough though, gotta have a preview now.  Seems like it should be easier than it is.  Was hoping that someone knew something that I didn't.

Matt__W

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
I think what you've suggested is going to be your best bet.  I don't see any other way (unless I'm missing it).
Autodesk Expert Elite

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
If you don't mind coding, then you can find that information in the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Autodesk/AutoCAD/<R##.#>/<ACAD-####:###>/Profiles/<current profile>/Previous plot settings/ [Layout / Model]
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.