Author Topic: Suggest ideas to AutoDesk..............  (Read 5445 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Suggest ideas to AutoDesk..............
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 03:25:53 PM »
I suppose for me it is the thought that Autodesk will take an idea provided by me (or anyone else for that matter) that I have already developed, include a bastardized version of it in future releases, call them their own without giving fair and just compensation or acknowledgment of where the idea (or code) originated from. How many bits of recent code have you seen from Autodesk with their copyright attached, that have been merely re-incarnations of existing code, only re-arranged sufficiently to throw off the unsuspecting....and then they have the balls to charge us for it.... that is my grief...

I seldom spend "hours sloggin' out code" ... if it isn't something that I can do in a few minutes I don't bother unless I need it and cannot find it elsewhere. In reality the most productive code is those short little snippits that do one or two menial tasks.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

t-bear

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 03:48:48 PM »
Arctext comes to mind.  I did as builts for a firm in KC some years back that had a beautiful arstext lisp back in R11. You compare that to Adesks and they're so close it's scarey.  Adesk "gave" us their ver in R14.......wonder where they got the idea.

(thinkin)  Maybe I should change my vote......

CADaver

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 04:32:39 PM »
I guess it could be that I don't write enough code to worry about "credit" for it.  I don't care who wrote it or where it comes from as long as it works. I don't write code for a living (though it is part of the job description), so whether or not I get credit for it is unimportant to me.