Author Topic: Geo-Pak to Civil 3D to Geo-Pak  (Read 6427 times)

dfarris75

Re: Geo-Pak to Civil 3D to Geo-Pak
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »
If the linework is to stay as is (ie - they won't be modifying it), then an alternative would be to create a block of the letter, shape, etc. that is in your linetype and run the MEASURE or DIVIDE command to place the block at intervals along the line/polyline then trim out the line. This was how we did complex linetypes in Microstation at my first job, except of course you applied the cell as a pattern along the line and then it would automatically trim the line (as I recall we had a lisp that did this in AutoCAD too). That was years ago. I don't know if the latest version of Microstation supports complex linetypes or not.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 11:52:03 AM »
That's helpful, thanks
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

dfarris75

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
B.I.N.G.O. B.I.N.G.O. B.I.N.G.O. and Bingo was his namo!

Get your free MicroStation v7.1 File Portability/Translation Guide here folks. That's right! Totally free! 100% free! No cost to you! Just point, click, and BOOM! Your download will begin!

*does the happy dance*

:lol:

Disclaimer: The pdf is free. The book is $30.

CHulse

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 03:19:59 PM »
B.I.N.G.O. B.I.N.G.O. B.I.N.G.O. and Bingo was his namo!

Get your free MicroStation v7.1 File Portability/Translation Guide here folks. That's right! Totally free! 100% free! No cost to you! Just point, click, and BOOM! Your download will begin!

*does the happy dance*

:lol:

Disclaimer: The pdf is free. The book is $30.

Hey - nice find! Thanks  :kewl:
Cary Hulse
Urban Forestry Manager
Wetland Studies and Solutions

Civil 3D 2020 & 2023

dfarris75

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
Yeah man. I've been looking for this for a long time. I have found more info in the Microstation help file too which was previously evading me due to the difference in cad lingo between Microstation and AutoCAD. But finally I'm hot on the trail! :evil: