Author Topic: Is there a shortcut key made for Add General Note in Civil 3D 2008? Found it...  (Read 4733 times)

doggarncity

Morning all,
   I love using the General Note from the Annotation pull down, but would love a shortcut
key call for this is there one or anybody know some code to call it.

I did a little digging in the CUI and found it and made these few shortcut keys.

Code: [Select]
(defun c:gno () (command "AeccLblDlgGeneralNote")(princ));make General Note
(defun c:c1 () (command "AddContourLabelingSingle")(princ));make a Single Contour Label

Mike
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:49:28 AM by doggarncity »

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Is there a shortcut key made for Add General Note in Civil 3D 2008?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
This is the command: AeccLblDlgGeneralNote

Just add a shortcut for this to your acad.pgp file.

doggarncity

Re: Is there a shortcut key made for Add General Note in Civil 3D 2008?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »
This is the command: AeccLblDlgGeneralNote

Just add a shortcut for this to your acad.pgp file.

Thanks Jeff

sinc

And if you haven't done it already, you'll probably want to create a new command in the CUI that runs the EDITLABELTEXT command, then add that command as a double-click action to various C3D elements, as shown in the attached image.

This will let you double-click on C3D labels to edit the text, which is not default behavior for some inexplicable reason.

(Note that if you aren't sure what name to use as "Object Name" for various labels, pick one in the drawing and run the LIST command on it.)

dfarris75

Thanks for that Sinc. I don't hang out in the CUI dept. much so I didn't even know about that.

dfarris75

I'm curious though, and forgive me for my lack of cui smarts, but why do you have to create a command that already exists? Can't you just add the double click action for editlabeltext?

dfarris75

I'm having a hard time getting this to work. I created the command under my main civil.cui and then created the double click action and added the command to it. Then I created a general note label and double-clicked, but nothing happened. I keyed in "editlabeltext" and then clicked the label. Again; nothing happened. I am only able to select the label and edit it via right-click menu.

HELP

dfarris75

Sorry. I figured it out. I hadn't added the object type to the double click action. :-)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Just curious, what are you using these notes for?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

doggarncity

Sorry. I figured it out. I hadn't added the object type to the double click action. :-)

Okay, found you have to drag the command up the the double click object in the cui, to get it to work, but you also have to make sure your system variable 'dblclkedit' is set to "ON" or it won't work.
just a note after going to the help menu for procedures of making a 'create a double click action'.

Many Thanks
Mike
ps this is cool practical stuff
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:43:56 PM by doggarncity »

sinc

If you need to know the object type, pick one in your drawing and LIST it.  Then enter it as the "Object Name" in the double-click action.

Oh, and maybe I should mention that this is already setup in the sincpac.cui available on this page:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Trial.aspx

If you are using the Sincpac-C3D (either the free or full editions), this will also add a menu for the Sincpac-C3D commands.  Just add the sincpac.cui as a partial CUI to your current CUI.  But even if you aren't using the Sincpac-C3D, you can still download the sincpac.cui and use the Transfer tab to grab all these double-click actions out of it, and you won't have to set them all up yourself.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:44:07 PM by sinc »

dfarris75

How would I go about adding a menu item from one cui to another? Is that under transfer? I want to add the Tools menu to the main civil cui.

sinc

Ah, the most brain-dead aspect of the CUI GUI...   :ugly:

To do that, start up the full CUI (type CUI at the command line).  In the upper-left quadrant, select the Workspace you want to modify.  A "Customize Workspace" button will automagically appear in the upper-right.  Click that button.

There should now be little checkboxes next to all your menus and toolbars in the tree in the upper-left quadrant.  Go through there, and select all the menus you want to see in that workspace.  (Remember the Partial CUIs, too.)

Then you can rearrange the order of the menus in the upper-right quadrant.

dfarris75

Well that was easy. Thanks Sinc. You're a swell guy.

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
Morning all,
   I love using the General Note from the Annotation pull down, but would love a shortcut
key call for this is there one or anybody know some code to call it.

I did a little digging in the CUI and found it and made these few shortcut keys.

Code: [Select]
(defun c:gno () (command "AeccLblDlgGeneralNote")(princ));make General Note
(defun c:c1 () (command "AddContourLabelingSingle")(princ));make a Single Contour Label

Mike

is the general note used as a replacement for regular mtext labels, mleaders w/text, qleaders w/text, or is there a different one for that?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox