Author Topic: UNLOCK POINTS!  (Read 1500 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
UNLOCK POINTS!
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:30:30 AM »
I have a drawing with points (cogo), and the survey network is not attached to this drawing, however I can not move these points. Any ideas?
Thanks
Civil3D 2020

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: UNLOCK POINTS!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »
what do you want to do with those points?

why do you want to move them?

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dent Cermak

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:57:44 PM »
At the top of the Acad window, in the menu, click on POINTS. then select POINT SETTINGS then click on the UPDATE tab. Check the "allow points to be moved" box.
MJ, sometimes the client decides to use a deed call as the basis of bearings on a project, then you have to move your points and maybe rotate them to fit. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Plus a lot of companies run their field work on assumed coordinates and then move it to state plane or deed. I know it's better if you have all of this before hand, but it very seldom works that way. Especially if an engineer or architect is driving the operation.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:11:12 PM »
At the top of the Acad window, in the menu, click on POINTS. then select POINT SETTINGS then click on the UPDATE tab. Check the "allow points to be moved" box.
MJ, sometimes the client decides to use a deed call as the basis of bearings on a project, then you have to move your points and maybe rotate them to fit. You'd be surprised how often this happens. Plus a lot of companies run their field work on assumed coordinates and then move it to state plane or deed. I know it's better if you have all of this before hand, but it very seldom works that way. Especially if an engineer or architect is driving the operation.

Dent, your 'solution' is for Land Desktop, this issue is with Civil 3D and it protects the points much more than LDD.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

sinc

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:16:11 PM »
How did you create the points?  Did you bring them in using the Survey Database (e.g. with a FBK file)?

What exactly do you mean by "the survey network is not attached to this drawing"?