Author Topic: image managment help sought  (Read 1918 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
image managment help sought
« on: September 28, 2004, 10:55:20 AM »
i have two types of drawings

type 1:   has a lot of images attached to them (which i need) and these drawings also have information which i dont need.

type 2: Has all the drawing information that i need, but it does not have the images that i need.  they are contained in type 1.

everything is equal in these drawings.  i.e. co-ordinates rotation etc.  i just want to "copy" the images filenames and image paths accross.

is there a fast way to do this?

thanks in advance

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 11:04:27 AM »
Why don't you xref the drawing with images in to the drawing with linework?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 11:11:11 AM »
there are 40 drawings

each drawing contains 12 images (aerial photos)

these are all placed to national grid.  (the photos are not inserting at national grid co-ordinates)  but the are placed correctly in the first set of drawings i'm talking about.

i know that i could just xref the drwings etc, but thats not the really correct way.  i dont allow xreffing "sheet drawings" here only model drawings,  we are multidisplinary and it creates circular references etc.

Certainly it could get me out of a fix.  But i really dont just want a quick fix.  Becasue they have a habbit of biting me on the ass at a later stage.

any help would be appreciated

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 11:40:51 AM »
So you want a fast way to insert 480 images into one drawing at the correct coordinates?

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 11:50:29 AM »
No, sorry let me elaborate.

type 1: (say rev 1)
40 drawings

type 2: (say rev 2)
40 drawings

the drawings are equal, but the drawing information on rev 1 is not current.
(basically rev one is all over the place from a cad point of view, its a night mare, rev 2 is "NEW AND IMPROVED")

i want to take the image information from "rev 1 dwg no 001"

and "drop them" into "rev 2 deg no 002"

thanks