Author Topic: Creating Leaders with Bubbles?  (Read 6292 times)

Robb

Creating Leaders with Bubbles?
« on: September 27, 2004, 08:47:03 PM »
Is it possible to create a leader style that allows users to attach a specified block to it?

I remember when I had R14 I believe, and there was a pulldown that had a bunch of options for leaders with bubbles. I am interested in creating a few leader styles that can do this (if possible).

TIA,
Rob

danny

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 09:53:17 PM »
Rob,
R14 and above have the option, under schedule tags, to pick a tag with a leader attached.  These tags are AEC multi view blocks and they get attached to objects using property set definition. Property Set Definitions allows you to include information on the object and export the info into a schedule.
To create a custom Tag you must set up a property set definition, then create the block (tag/bubble&leader), then create a multi view block (AEC object), and then create an AEC object link to the tag.  This is an example of the string to included in the link.
_AecAnnoScheduleTagAdd PropertySetDefs.Dwg _SYMBOL Aec_Furniture_Tag _LEADER Straight _DIMSTYLE Aec_Leader_Dot_I

:?:
if you don't want to create a schedule out of such a tag, it may be better to use a lisp routine.

sinc

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 11:24:18 PM »
You can put frames around text in dimensions...  It's not exactly a bubble, but it might work...

Check the "Draw frame around text" checkbox in the dimstyle or in the qleader settings.

danny

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 11:31:43 PM »
A lot easier than what I was about to get into.

megamike

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 04:12:55 PM »
rob,
if you don't want to use the ADT content leaders use the autocad leader.
on the dimension pulldown menu, select leader and then type "s" for settings. set the annotation type to "block reference". then you can use your own predefined block at the end of the leader.
good luck!

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 04:30:10 PM »
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Robb

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 10:29:34 PM »
MegaMike that is more of what I was looking for.. I cant believe it was right in front of me the whole time :oops:  Thanks.

Do you know of a way that I can attach the leader to one side or the other depending on which way I position the leader? Example I have a circle block with an attribute in the center...

When I run the leader command and use a block as annotation, the block is inserted at its insertion point (left quadrant) which is okay only if I swing the leader towards the right of the screen. Any other direction the leader will run through the block bubble across to the insertion point. Any advice? The leader still follows the insertion point if I move the block manually.

Hudster, that one wont work for me but thanks for posting. I'll keep it in case I need it later.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 11:55:39 PM »
See post #7 here
Keith created a very nice routine.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

megamike

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 05:11:26 PM »
Rob
the bubble block that I use has the insertion point at the center, and I can position the bubble by eye at the end of the leader..maybe redefine your block with insertion at center?
unfortunately this method does not trim the leader to the bubble edge like the routine Hudster posted, so you have to position carefully.
I have not checked out CAB's post yet.

megamike

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 06:38:25 PM »
CAB,
Thanks for pointing the way to that routine.
I loaded the lisp file, and it worked great until I typed "s" at the prompt to access settings and got:
"error: quit / exit abort:"
I admit I am pretty much code illiterate!! :?  so have no idea what's wrong!!
any ideas??

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 11:59:38 PM »
MegaMike....The DCL file must be in the support path of AutoCAD
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

megamike