Author Topic: Merging Xrefs? Re-pathing Xrefs?  (Read 2301 times)

Robb

Merging Xrefs? Re-pathing Xrefs?
« on: September 26, 2004, 04:41:59 AM »
UNIT-1A is an old version of UNIT-1 and is no longer needed in the building plan but its position must be replaced with the UNIT-1 xref. In the XREF dialog box I have the two xrefs names UNIT-1 and UNIT-1A both being pathed to different files. Is there any way that I can change ALL the UNIT-1A's to become UNIT-1? I know I can browse and change the path of UNIT-1A to the same file that UNIT-1 is pointing to but in the xref dialog box that leaves two xref w/ different names pointing to the same file which may confuse some people. I am trying to avoid detaching the UNIT-1A xref and copying UNIT-1 into the existing UNIT-1A locations as there are quite a bit of building floor plan levels that I would have to do this.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Also, is there any good xref managers out there for ACAD2002 for managing the paths of xrefs?  I was using xpath today which helps quite a bit but there are some other things that I wish it did.

Xpath will repath to a folder as long as your file names are the same but what if your file names change? If anyone has a solution please let me know.

Thanks again!

CADaver

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 07:34:51 AM »
Code: [Select]
(defun c:REPLs (/ ENT1 BL1 bl2 OLD ODNM)
(command "undo" "begin")
 (prompt "\nSelect Replacement Block: ")
 (setq bl2 (cdr (assoc 2 (entget (car (entsel))))))
 (prompt "Select blocks to replace: ")
 (setq ENT1 (ssget))
 (setq N (sslength ENT1))
 (setq I 0)
 (repeat N
  (setq BL1 (entget (ssname ENT1 I)))
  (setq NWNM (cons 2 bl2))
  (setq OLD (assoc 2 BL1))
  (setq ODNM (cdr OLD))
  (entmod (subst NWNM OLD BL1))
  (setq I (1+ I))
 )
(command "undo" "end")
 (princ)
)

danny

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 01:44:24 PM »
Autodesk Reference Manager is a stand alone program that manages xrefs, images, fonts, and plot configurations.

Robb

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 04:47:42 PM »
If you can send me a link to the download page i'll surely use it!

I've been trying to find it for a while already but I dont think its something free for download. I checked the AutoDesk site and it looks like I needed a subscription to download it. I requested a subscription but they said I would need to see a local reseller. How else can I get it? I have legal versions of AutoCAD 2002 but no subscriptions. I barely even know what the subscriptions are for.... I guess we never had them. I'd have to ask the previous CAD taker carerer  :lol:

CADaver, I'll try that lisp. Thanks!

danny

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 05:06:49 PM »
Don't know where to download it.  The program came free when we upgraded to 2004.

hyposmurf

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 05:48:24 PM »
Only available to subscription members reference manager info