Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

New menu loading problems

(1/23) > >>

ELOQUINTET:
hey mark i went home last night and created new  (DAN) mns mnc and mnl files using your tutorial as a guide. i copied them to a usb drive and brought them into work and put them in a folder called menus within my lisp files folder in my documents. then i opened acad and did menuload and all of my toolbars showed up except i had created some custom flyouts for offsets and fillets. my custom toolbars are not in my toolbars dialog to associate with the flyouts. i also didn't have any autocad pulldowns so i believe i unloaded it then loaded the acad mnu then customized it which created an mns. then i unloaded the acad mnu and loaded the acad mns. then reloaded my mns. file. i also loaded a couple other menus like the adt and some pulldowns i have which have decimal equivalents sheet metal gauges and parts now. i had eveything setup just how i wanted so i closed acad (brave). well when i reopened acad all i have is the parts now toolbar. so i followed the same steps as previous and when i installed my mns some of my icons showed up and some had smileys. so this is where i am now. if you could help me sort this mess out i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

dan

M-dub:
I won't say much...don't worry...
As far as the smiley faces are concerned, I would like to suggest Resource Hacker to create a dll file that accompanies your partial menu...
I'm not sure, but I think there was a bit of a tutorial on Afralisp about using this program to do this.  Of course, I didn't find the tutorial until after I'd pulled all of my hair out trying to figure it out for myself!

Highly Recommended!!!

daron:
The .mns file will create the .mnr, .mnc and I believe the .mnu file. .mnl is optional, I think. As far as menus not loading, try loading acad.mns first, then the rest. Dan.mns should be the last one you load. Can you copy and paste some of your .mns file and is your dll file (I assume you have one) named Dan.dll?

ELOQUINTET:
hey guys i haven't got time to test things out right now as i was just handed a big job to do but i will take your advice daron. by the way i didn't download the dll creator software :roll: that mark told me to so i guess that will solve the smiley   :evil:   problem. how can i solve the problem of my custom toolbars not showing up. can i copy them somehow from home to here and not have to create them again cos that was a bit tedious. also what were you saying about cutting and pasting daron. thanks guys. o yeah uhhum daron how do i get the between feature the showup in my snaps without losing everything else (not pointing fingers :lol: ) thanks folks

dan

M-dub:
In your DAN.mn*, what is the name of the menugroup?  One reason why you might not be getting your toolbars could be because you've left it as ACAD.  It'll have to be unique.  I'd do MENUGROUP=DAN

I ain't even gonna touch the osnap menu...I wanna see what Daron or Mark have to say...(not being pointed at...  :wink: )

Cheers,
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version