Author Topic: fruity leaders  (Read 5137 times)

sinc

fruity leaders
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2004, 11:27:25 PM »
Yowsa!  That would be considered an unacceptable use for pen settings around here...  :o

ELOQUINTET

fruity leaders
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 08:01:47 AM »
yeah sinc this among other issues is really about to push me over the edge. i'm considering bringing up the dreaded word "standard". this time i'm thinking of putting together some kind of document for the big boss. i think "most" of us are on the same page with this and was wondering if any of you have written up some standards documents i might be able to take a look at?

Dent Cermak

fruity leaders
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 08:13:49 AM »
Standards won't work until it is the boss's idea. I have tried to implement Standards where I work for 15 years. The parent company even put a committee together just to decide on what line weight goes with what color. So far, I am the only one using either system. My boss will not insist that the Standards be implemented and followed. Until that happens, you're screwed. Most bosses don't understand the necessity. Point out the cost and time savings. Maybe that will get their attention.

ELOQUINTET

fruity leaders
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 08:18:16 AM »
i hear ya dent that's why i'd like to put something flashy together to really sell my point to the head honcho. i have started a new post in the cad standards forum so feel free to post your comments there and thanks for understanding  :wink:

PDJ

fruity leaders
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 01:10:52 PM »
Scary as it is, I agree with Dent..

I worked one place where an Engineer was telling me to change the text size to a larger size and I told him "Well, we're trying to make all the sheets standardized and the lead cadd operator said the size should be L100".. His response... "When she can put a stamp on a drawing and sign it, we'll do it her way." That company even has a Cadd MANAGER that's in CHARGE of standards!!

Good luck in your quest..

ELOQUINTET

fruity leaders
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 02:12:43 PM »
yeah i totally agree too it must come from the top. unfortunately some people at our company don't even do what the boss says and they're still here so it's real disorganized and i'm not sure what to do about it but something must be done. yeah i know what you're thinking and i agree with that too  :wink: