Author Topic: AutoCAD reading fonts  (Read 3029 times)

Craig

AutoCAD reading fonts
« on: September 24, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »
Has anyone ran into this problem? We received a new border from a client and they have odd TTF fonts part of their border. We had them email us these fonts and I installed them on my computer and the new border looks fine on my computer. The other guy in the office did the same thing and ACAD is still subtituting these fonts with simlex. He added Windows/Fonts folder under the path as well which did not work either. Any ideas on what we might can do to get his system to recognize these fonts?

ronjonp

• Needs a day job
AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 09:51:40 AM »
Has he rebooted his computer since the install???  When all else failes, reboot  :D  :D .

Ron

Windows 11 x64 - AutoCAD /C3D 2023

Custom Build PC

Craig

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »
Yep, restarted ACAD...no go, rebooted puter....no go

M-dub

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 10:20:48 AM »
Just as a test, try replacing his Alternate Font File (Tools > Options, etc.) with your new one...see what happens.

Craig

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 10:35:38 AM »
The problem is...AutoCAD's not reading 3 of the 4 newly installed fonts. They have been installed and you can see them in explorer, but browsing the fonts in ACAD and they don't show up. I can't change the alternate font file for that reason

M-dub

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 10:39:09 AM »
Do the fonts show up in Word, etc?  Were the fonts installed correctly?

Craig

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 10:57:20 AM »
It must be his windows not installing them properly. We removed the fonts, downloaded the original files and re-installed them and it did not work.

M-dub

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 11:06:54 AM »
In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Windows\Fonts and go to File -> Install New Font...

:?  I dunno...

Craig

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:08:39 AM »
Did that several times and it's not working. I too say I dunno. I think his computer came off the assembly line screwed up.

M-dub

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 11:11:20 AM »
That sucks!
I wonder what's causing that.

Virus Scan, Scandisk, Defrag, who knows what else...something like that might help.

M-dub

AutoCAD reading fonts
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 11:14:29 AM »
I'm sure you've already checked this out, but...
Quote from: Windows Help File
To add a new font to your computer
Open Fonts in Control Panel.
On the File menu, click Install New Font.
In Drives, click the drive you want.
In Folders, double-click the folder that contains the fonts you want to add.

In List of fonts, click the font you want to add, and then click OK.
To add all of the listed fonts, click Select All, and then click OK.

Notes

To open Fonts, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Appearance and Themes. Under See Also, click Fonts.
To select more than one font to add, hold down the CTRL key, and then click each of the fonts you want to add.
You can also drag OpenType, TrueType, Type 1, and raster fonts from another location to add them to the Fonts folder. This works only if the font is not already in the Fonts folder.
To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer, make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box, in the Add Fonts dialog box, is clear. This is available only when you install OpenType, TrueType, or raster fonts using the Install New Font option on the File menu.

I was wondering about the end of that blurb..
To add fonts from a network drive without using disk space on your computer, make sure that the Copy fonts to Fonts folder check box, in the Add Fonts dialog box, is clear. This is available only when you install OpenType, TrueType, or raster fonts using the Install New Font option on the File menu.