Author Topic: VS.NET 2008 C# How to run AutoCAD in Debug mode?  (Read 2484 times)

ASMI

VS.NET 2008 C# How to run AutoCAD in Debug mode?
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:50:53 AM »
Probably it is a silly question, but I absolute beginer in.NET. How I can start AutoCAD in a debugging mode in Visual C# 2008? In an educational film (using VS.NET 2005) I saw on tab Debug "Start Action" group with 3 radio swithes "Start Project", "Start External Program" and "Start Browser withURL" but in my 2008 Express Edition "Start Action" is missed  :-(

I can write simple projects (near Hellow World level), compile, load with NETLOAD and run. It works Ok. But can't to Debug... May be some oprion is swiched off?

Glenn R

Re: VS.NET 2008 C# How to run AutoCAD in Debug mode?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »
Have you tried searching in this forum?

sinc

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »
The Express Edition has some of that stuff removed from the UI.

You can still debug with the Express Edition, but you must create your MyProject.csproj.user file manually.  Simply put it in the same directory as your MyProject.csproj file (obviously, substituting your actual project name for "MyProject").

I have attached a sample .csproj.user file setup for Civil-3D 2008.  All you should need to do is edit the paths that launch the program, so they have the correct paths for your Autodesk product.

(I also had to append a .txt to the file name in order to post it - the Swamp would not let me post a file with a ".user" extension.)

ASMI

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
Thank you very much sinc.

Now all work ok  :-)