Author Topic: Saving 3D files for use by an architect  (Read 1468 times)

bdough15

Saving 3D files for use by an architect
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
I am trying to save files from C3D 2009 so that an architect can use them for his building expansion layout in "Autocadd 2008" (he is not sure if he has architectural software :?) The problem that we are running into is that I can "Export", "Etransmit" and "SaveAs" and they work perfect for me but he crashes upon trying to open them.  What is wrong with the files, is there something that I could do to help him or is there something that he needs to download to view them?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Saving 3D files for use by an architect
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:35:26 PM »
most likely he needs an object enabler
before getting to specifics we will need to know from what version to exactly what version the data is moving between
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

bdough15

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
Thanks Mike, I got the details on the enabler that he needs after running down to his office so that I could tell him what he is running.

By the way, thanks again for your week here at our office in Sioux City, it has paid huge dividends and we seem to be rolling along fine.  A few quirks here and there but all in all a great move for us.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »
Thanks Mike, I got the details on the enabler that he needs after running down to his office so that I could tell him what he is running.

By the way, thanks again for your week here at our office in Sioux City, it has paid huge dividends and we seem to be rolling along fine.  A few quirks here and there but all in all a great move for us.

Great to hear!

Is the 'other' office coming along as well, or do we need to have a chat?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

bdough15

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
"Is the 'other' office coming along as well, or do we need to have a chat?"

We have just left them in the dust, they are still running Land 2005 on most machines and only two users of Civil 3D on a part time basis.  IN this office we have just started moving on without them.  There is not much in the way of cooperation to the switch from them so we are just doing our own thing.  It is too bad because they could benefit from all that we have learned!