Author Topic: Shift to Deselect  (Read 12422 times)

Crank

• Water Moccasin
Shift to Deselect
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
tcdan: I think that's because your HIGHLIGHT is on. Objects are redrawn one by one when you use shift to remove objects.

Next time, when you've a question that's off-topic, please start a new thread.
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

CADaver

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 02:01:21 PM »
Quote from: Daron
I can't believe you're still having this problem. You sure noun/verb wasn't it. I tested it when posting and it did as you describe.
NOUN/VERB or PICKFIRST should have no bearing at all on the operation of SHIFT to add or remove items from the selection set.  PICKFIRST only controls whther the command operates on the currently selcted objects or requires a new selection set.

SHIFTing to add or remove items from the selection set is not controlled by any system variable I can find.

tcdan

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 02:19:43 PM »
Crank - thanks.  Hit the nail on the head er maybe the object on the snap point (. . . hmm, not quite ripe yet).

hyposmurf

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 02:23:57 PM »
Dodgy shift key?You got a crumb from your lunch stuck under it? :lol:

tcdan

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 02:29:34 PM »
Another question: when you select a large number of objects, they do not appear highlighted or with their grips displayed.  Is there a variable that controls how many objects you can display with grips/highlighted at once?

hyposmurf

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 02:34:02 PM »
Check your options-selection and see if there is a tick in the Enable grips box.

daron

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 02:53:25 PM »
I think that would do something entirely different than what was wanted.

hyposmurf

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 03:17:50 PM »
Yeh that would just enable or disable grips.I know what youre talking about tcdan.In the same place Options-Selection you can change the number of objects that display grips, by changing the number in the box for:

Object selection limit for display of grips

tcdan

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »
Yeah, that was an easy fix!

So, is hyposmurf like a water-loving smurf (or I should say a water-loving rat: a swamp rat as your description embellishes)?

That might be water in the background of your avatar, but it looks like you're playing baseball in the mountains.

hyposmurf

Shift to Deselect
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 05:47:50 PM »
Theyre mountains in the background,as I spend most of my holidays in the mountains snowboarding.Yeh I like being round water,only problem is my swimming as awful, a blind dog would beat me.That avavtar was from a website that allowed you to customise your own avatar.Other than the choice of having a doll,bag in my hand etc I thought the bat more appropriate as I like exercise.Im glad that fixed your problem tcdan.

M-dub

Re: Shift to Deselect
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »
Well, I came across this problem again and FINALLY figured out what the problem was when I noticed WHEN the problem was occurring.  I looked at the command line and noticed that when I would hold shift to deselect something, it would select the image I had in the background (when I had Raster Design loaded).  So, that made it obvious that it was a Raster Design option.  Here's the stupid friggin' option that has enraged me so many times!

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
Nice pointer.  :-D

M-dub

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »
*Bump*

After FINALLY upgrading to 2009, I had the same problem, but the frustration only lasted about 5 minutes.  I said to myself, I said "Self, didn't you post this issue on theSwamp?"  "Why yes, you did!"  Thanks, self!