Author Topic: C3D Point Label Automatically Scales (newbie question)  (Read 1938 times)

bancell

C3D Point Label Automatically Scales (newbie question)
« on: August 15, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
The point labels in my drawing automatically scale to the scale of my vport.  Is there a way to make point text remain the same size as they were in modelspace?  I tried editing my drawing settings (Unit & Zone Scale) but that didn't help.  Right now it is set to Custom Scale of 1.  I want the point labels the same size in paperspace as they are in modelspace.

And while I'm posting, is there a way to edit a group of points in the panorama tool?  Even highlighting a group, when I right click to edit, it only edits the single point I right clicked on.  For example, if I want to change the point label style to a group of points without creating a new point group to override the existing settings.  Right now, I have to do it individually to each point. 

Sorry...these may be real basic questions, but I just started learning!  Thanks.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: C3D Point Label Automatically Scales (newbie question)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
Last one first...
Highlight the point(s) to change. Rt-click the header of the column to edit, select edit, then make the change.

For the labels, set the drawing scale to that of what you are going to use for the VP scale. Now they will appear the same in MS & PS. If you want 2 VP's with differing scales, they will only look correct in the 1 with the VP scale matching that of the drawing scale.

Oh, and Welcome to the Swamp!!!

bancell

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »
Thank you very much....That is exactly what I needed!

user beware....2204 more questions to come!

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:28 PM »
You may also make the pnts and labels an absolute size within the styles if you wish.