Author Topic: Where Has Batch Plot Gone?  (Read 2651 times)

M-dub

Where Has Batch Plot Gone?
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:50 AM »
Alright, this may seem like a weird (late) question, but was Batch Plot discontinued?  This is the first time I've needed to get batch plot running since getting AutoCAD 2009 and I can't find it.  I can't find much in the way of reference to it in the help files, I can't find much on the net, it's like the thing died a few releases ago and no one speaks about it anymore.
It's almost like an annoying, old relative that everyone hates... Once they pass away, no one talks about how much they're missed.

What is being used in its place now?  Publish?  I need hard copies... not dwf's.

I can create a script easily enough, but...

architecture68-raff

• Swamp Rat
  • Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.
Re: Where Has Batch Plot Gone?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:26:54 AM »
Publish will make hard copy plots but it is important to make good use of page setups to do so.

However, for some reason when I use publish to send a job to the printer, it will often skip a random page or do other mysterious things.  Could be that I'm stuck on 2005 though.
Chicago, Illinois
ADT 2005, Revit Architecture 2009, Sketchup 7

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:37:59 AM »
Here is one i wrote in C# that you can use.  You will have to compile it though.

[ http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=17348.0 ]
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

M-dub

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Just figured it out...

I've never had to use Publish before, so it was new to me.  Batch Plot is what we used to use.

Thanks, Raff!  :)

Thanks for your reply too, Tim!