Author Topic: critique, advice, opinions appreciated  (Read 7401 times)

Spike Wilbury

Re: critique, advice, opinions appreciated
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »
Downloaded and looking around....thanks!....

Bethrine,

I was referring about a real project, but in the form of how the project is developed, in other words, making a professional set of construction drawings (note: I am not talking about pretty drawings).

That set is mine, I might be willing to provide to you some other CD set of one of my residential projects as pdf.

Bethrine

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
 :lmao: Pretty drawings may be nice, but I understand the point! My limited practical experience is in HVAC and Plumbing so I haven't had to draw walls etc. professionally. I would like to learn all of that too. Also, my PM had me placing text notes "aesthetically" and fussing with lineweights and matching text styles and checking drawing pages for conformity and so on. So I guess "pretty" was a large part of my job description. I also did redlining to company standards which would change according to his will. I don't mind, I learn as much as I can and just keep going and following directions. Anyway, I understand that the point of the drawing is to "talk" from the engineer to the guys who are building the thing with as little confusion as possible. It needs to be clear and readable and correct.

Hopefully I got your point?  :? Or am I looking at it wrong. ?

Bethrine

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »
Should've also mentioned I am very interested in how to "start from scratch" if that is what you meant?

...still working on the PDF problem.

:ugly: Maybe you meant an unfinished drawing?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:41:21 PM by Bethrine »