Author Topic: Importing a Company Profile on a New Install  (Read 4076 times)

zep6980

Importing a Company Profile on a New Install
« on: July 02, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »

I have always liked and used profiles but recently I have been big on creating a standard company profile that has all of the Files Support and Search Pathes set.

On a new install, I will import that profile into AutoCAD, then make that profile active.

Now, the user has all the pathes that they need to all resources on the network., including main and enterprise cui files

Does any one else use this method?

Now, after the fact, if I need to change some pathes, I use an external VBScript to write the pathes directly to the registry.

Zep

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Importing a Company Profile on a New Install
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:32:10 AM »

Depends on who I'm working with, but I PREFER to have a unique profile for each project if drafting,
and a different profile for each development project when programming.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

sinc

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »
Really?  Why do you do that?

I use the same profile all the time, regardless of what I'm doing, and have found no reason to do anything else.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »
I'm with you sinc, I use one workspace, and rarely if ever customize it. With the exception of adding the SavemyButton command to the menu.
Because I do not trust autosave, or the Recovery Manager to manage my backups.

You know it speaks volumes about autodesk's confidence in the stability of the product when they include a Recovery Manager. Me thinks they should have invested those resources in making the product NOT need a recovery manager, instead of creating one that the majority of the time manages to save an INVALID recovery file, that it too can not recover for you.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/