Author Topic: TrueView 2009 Profiles  (Read 4836 times)

New Shooz

TrueView 2009 Profiles
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »
Is it possible to create and share Profiles using TrueView 2009 ?

The crux of my question is thus :
Engineers would like the facility to view, and periodically print out, drawings we produce.
In order to maintain the set-up of drawings, we have a folder for all parts of AutoCAD containing linetypes, symbols, plotting setups etc on a network folder.
I have updated the Options in my version of TrueView 2009; question is, can I 'export' my Options setup and get everyone in the office to use (by default) the same Options that I have setup ?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: TrueView 2009 Profiles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
It looks like that is all stored in your local REGISTRY (* All warnings and cautions implied *)

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

New Shooz

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:35:09 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up MJ.
Having trawled around for a while, I chanced upon a solution; and yes it did involve editting the registry, exporting a portion of it; then merging it onto other machines.
Works a treat; but now I am reliant on other users using that rege file.
Is there a way to automatically install a reg file; once TrueView has finished installing ?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:43:48 AM »
You could try a batch file that runs REGEDIT and sets those values for you.  I wonder if copying the profile found here would work?

C:\Users\Your User Name Here\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2009\R6\enu\Support\Profiles\FixedProfile.aws

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

New Shooz

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 11:58:49 AM »
I tried that, but I still had to tinker about with the registry, so that as much as possible pointed to locations on the server.
Then exported the reg file.

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:14:59 PM »
We created a .REG file and import it as part of the TrueView install, like this:

REGEDIT.EXE /S "%~dp0DWGTrueView\DWGTrueView2009.reg"

(%~dp0 = current directory with trailing slash)

New Shooz

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 01:52:07 PM »
We created a .REG file and import it as part of the TrueView install, like this:

REGEDIT.EXE /S "%~dp0DWGTrueView\DWGTrueView2009.reg"

(%~dp0 = current directory with trailing slash)

thanks RK,
whereabouts would I put that line of code ?
does it go in the .ini file or something ?

rkmcswain

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
We use a batch file. After Trueview is finished installing, we just run this batch file.

Note: it must be run for each user, since this is importing data into the HKCU branch.
In other words, if you are logged in a local administrator during the TrueView install, you need to run this batch file after the end user logs on for the first time.