Author Topic: Glass Block  (Read 2969 times)

Colombian

Glass Block
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
I'm trying to draw a 3d glass block window, I know I can just draw a square  or cube and extruded but I want to make it look more realistic, I'm also trying to draw a door with the door knobs in 3d, any suggestions or links that I can go to and get more info.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Glass Block
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »
For your glass blocks,
it is suggested that you use the BOX command and make as many as you need, or make only one, and then use 3d arrray to make the remainder.
Then make a bigger box the size lager than these blocks and just slightly thinner, then use a solsub to remove the blocks from the bigger slab, this holey piece then gets the Mortar material applied to it. The blocks get the glass material.

For your door knob, you could either REVOLVE a polyline shape, or draw a series of circles and ovals and Loft it, or draw some other 3d primitives and Soljoin them together. Use a BOX the size of your door, then the align command to get the knob on the door. Lastly you would be advised to group these objects together, (check into groups and pickstyle) as a block, or a group.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/