Author Topic: network problem with runtime 5.0?  (Read 3875 times)

Amsterdammed

network problem with runtime 5.0?
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:58:22 AM »
Hello there,

I can't install the 5.0 runtime, and now nothing works anymore.

I switched to Acad 2007 and now need opendcl.17.arx. But when i try to download it  i get a "Network error while attempting to read C:....... "

Can i copy the arx from somewhere?

Thanks,

Bernd

BazzaCAD

Re: network problem with runtime 5.0?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
Hello there,
I can't install the 5.0 runtime, and now nothing works anymore.
I switched to Acad 2007 and now need opendcl.17.arx. But when i try to download it  i get a "Network error while attempting to read C:....... "
Can i copy the arx from somewhere?
Thanks,
Bernd

I'm not sure I understand your post:
What do you mean by "now nothing works anymore", Does Acad start up, did Windows crash... ?
What do you mean by "switched to Acad 2007"?
What do you mean by " But when i try to download it" What are you downloading with? Autocad\OpenDCL doesn't download anything.
Did you download the Studio installer or the Runtime installer?

Anyways the ARX should be located in: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpenDCL" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\OpenDCL" for x64 PC's.
If you moved it to a network location you'll also need to move the "ENU" folder to the same network location.

Amsterdammed

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »
I uninstalled the 5.0 version and got back to the 4.1 and everthing is fine again.

Thanks, Bernd

owenwengerd

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »
I think this thread is a good place for a rant.

In order for OpenDCL or any open source project to be successful, users need to remain active in the development of the project.  Consumers of OpenDCL should have an inherent motivation to contribute whatever and however they can.  In many cases, feedback is the most valuable contribution.  Good feedback will get problems resolved quickly, and everyone benefits from that process.  "It doesn't work" is not very useful feedback.  There is a reason *why* "it doesn't work", and finding that reason is important.

I'm very disappointed to see someone simply posting that "it doesn't work" without putting forth any apparent effort to find out why it doesn't work.  Maybe there is a bug in the installer, or a design flaw with the code that only occurs in very specific circumstances.  Maybe it's simply operator error due to inadequate documentation.  We may never know.