Author Topic: LDC 2009 Bug in Dwg setup under Zone- no option for Local no datum  (Read 1854 times)

sourdough

• Bull Frog
Good Morning,
   I found a serious error for those still working with LDC 2009. This has been admitted with Autodesk
and a fix is in the works with the first SP when it comes out. Be careful with a local coordinate
system to start with as it will force you under this error in the program to declare a State Plane system
whether you want it or not. I have confirmed with many Lic. Surveyors of this and the concur that it could
be on a large survey with control spread far apart that it could affect the entire survey.

Mike
LDC 2009/C3D 2010/C3D 2011/C3D 2016

Win 10 64bit

KewlToyZ

Oh I have been having all sorts of fun with drawings that had been worked on with the LD version of 2009.
Not just getting the new Object enablers installed but the Coordinate system patch for other version users.
Even then, it can take practically hours to run an audit on these files from a recover which seems to occur frequently with them. I have been opening them and doing -exporttoautocad on any files that even have any aec land calls on opening now because of it.

KewlToyZ

You may want to do the aec removal export on those files for outside clients just to save yourself the nightmare of IT supporting them.