Author Topic: Daylight foreslope width issue.  (Read 1484 times)

therock003

Daylight foreslope width issue.
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:26:19 AM »
Introductory question
---------------------
The slope after the should and till the existing ground is the daylight slope right?

Y is it called like that?

The real question
-----------------
Anyway,in setting a basiccutfillslope i dont know the foreslope width cause every time is dynamic based on some criteria.How can i set the criteria which in my case are:

The lower part of the basic lane the (bottom of the width) extends till it reaches the daylight slope,and in that point of intersction the slope continues a vertical distance of .40m and that concludes the slope width.

I hope i made it compehensible enough

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Daylight foreslope width issue.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:20:53 AM »
You will want to study the HELP file for that subassembly, as you are missing some settings to get it to perform as desired.  You are a Student:(one who studies) Go study the help file for your sub Assemblies, either you are using the wrong one, or not setting a target correctly when it is applied.

Or give us drawings of your typical section and it's constraints.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:58:46 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

therock003

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
What do you mean using a wrong assembly?I havent done anything right or wrong so far,i'm rather at the point where i ask for directions on how to do something specific.   8-)
The image attached is a graphic representation of what i'm describing.

I have studied the help for this options,and i'm saying that as for the cutfillslope i am not able to set the foreslope widht cause it has a dynamic value (differenet each time).

If you read the bottom part of my initial post carefully (cause it's a little messy) you'll understand what i'm talking about.  :-)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »
Your image will not show for me, can't say why.

From the Help file:  Foreslope Width
 For cut sections, the width of the front-of-ditch link

IF you are in a cut section it will use the Width you specify, otherwise NOT.

It is possible that your section will need to be created using other sub assemblies. However this one is most likely doing exactly what you want it to. If you study the sections and it is NOT, then time to try another assembly.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/