Author Topic: Civil 3D 2009 Hits the Street . . .  (Read 8032 times)

Dinosaur

Re: Civil 3D 2009 Hits the Street . . .
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »
I haven't found a list in there yet but I did find this valuable gem
Most AutoCAD Civil 3D objects support other commands to some degree. These commands include Copy, Move, Mirror, Offset, Scale, Block/wBlock, Rotate, Trim and Extend

I very much appreciate the precise language they employ . . .  :lmao:

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »
- even if you erase it it leaves a trail of scat . . . a little white pinwheel type ghost image that can't be selected and won't go away.
The sysvar "geomarkervisibility" controls this, Dino. Set it to 0

You saw that in Lucy's webcast today, didn't you?!?  C'mon... admit it!

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
Nope, haven't seen a webcast in about a year. I wish I could devote the time to watch more of them.

Dinosaur

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 01:08:34 AM »
I have concluded there is nothing wrong with the template I was trying to transfer via this method after attempting the same procedure importing a 2009 OTB NCS extended template with the same results.  Unless someone else can try importing their styles into 2009 with the "style getter" and get it to work, I think that shortcut is broken with this release.  Too bad, that saved a lot of work if the source was carefully chosen.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »
What results? I tested this in the latest Beta I have and it worked just as it had in previous versions (or at least I think so).

Dinosaur

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
After transferring styles from my 2008 template (or 2009 with my latest attempt) I can not get points to import via any file format.  I was in the process of rebuilding my template and hoping to use this method to save a lot of drag and drop for the items I thought were not being a problem.  I took out everything I could find relating to points and still can not get them to come in after transferring styles with this method.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 10:55:43 AM »
Can you send me your file AFTER the point import, and or the DWT you are starting from so that I can test? Please.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »
I would like to find out why they wasted effort in giving us 3D parcel lines (grading features)? I can't see any practical use to having the same tool in two locations. I can already imagine the confused conversation with some student in the near future over this.

What is this tool?
Parcel Lines
What is Elevation editing?
To use Parcel Lines as Break Lines in a Terrain Model

What is this tool?
Feature Lines
What is Elevation editing?
To use the Feature Lines as Break Lines in a Terrain Model

Why is the same tool in both locations?

(This is where I still can't Imagine a good reason or answer to this question)

A) To Confuse you.

B) So you can grade your lots. (Yes, you can or could do this with a grading feature)

C) To Confuse me.

D) All of the above

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
DinØ,

Thanks for the data. I think the problem is a very simple one and perhaps easily reproduced.
The problem as you experienced it actually ONLY happened to me here when I attempted to ADD the imported points to a Group and then it would hang. I tried an AUDIT and believed that this had resolved it:
Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1

Pass 1 700     objects auditedAeccDbClassNode(407)              was repaired.
Pass 1 4400    objects audited
Auditing Entities Pass 2

Pass 2 700     objects auditedAeccDbClassNode(407)              was repaired.
Pass 2 4400    objects audited
Auditing Blocks

45      Blocks audited

Total errors found 12 fixed 12

No this did not solve it.

I then created a new DWT from your 2008 Template, and the drawing was 'converted' to 2009 on the way in even though this is supposed to be the same version?  Problem STILL existed. Then the Light came on, in your Point Groups you have TWO (2) _All Points Groups and one of them is or was locked. Unlocking this group solves the problem. Also it is highly suggested that you have only one _All Points groups in your file. :police:

The above is why I suggest that a team of at least TWO users work together on Standards and Styles.
(The above is suggested only in those cases where the two(2) users can work together without throttling each other, or biting, kicking, scratching, screaming, and or throwing objects)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 08:46:05 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Dinosaur

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
Thanks Michael, I think that extra all points group was a leftover from an early release that had trouble with the one provided ('06 or '07 I think) I actually thought it had gone away but it was at the bottom of the list that I never scroll down to.  I remember that one was locked, but I thought it came that way OOTB.

Now to go about rebuilding all of the stuff I didn't want to import and untangle some line and curve labels.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
Happy to help, I love this stuff!  You know me, the more of it I see the more I get to learn, and share.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »
It appears the 'solution' is to ensure that one opens the source DWT and unlocks any point groups in that template; prior to Using the Point Style>>Use Block>>Browse to import ones styles from the previous version template. And or Start a new drawing in 2009 using the previous version Template, and update only the 'new' features. AKA the design parameters (rules) for horizontal and vertical design, and a few other settings as is also the case with the above method.
FWIW
Be your Best

Michael Farrell