Author Topic: Autodesk and Surveyors  (Read 16698 times)

Alan Cullen

Re: Autodesk and Surveyors
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »
Hey Alan! Welcome from rustysilo.  :wink:

Cheers, mate,

Now I do feel at home.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
at least you didn't call us artichokes . . .

:-D  well, sometimes I think that you guys are...  Do you know how many times I get some bad design and I catch it when we are going to lay it out.  I notify the engineer and he/she says "can't you make it work?!?"  :-D

Dinosaur

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »
Well I am not an engineer either - just an humble designer with a 37 year old BA in History.

dfarris75

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2008, 03:59:23 PM »
Then there are guys like myself, the almost a designer cadd draftsman...

But one question for Randy... Can't you?

surveyor_randy

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
Then there are guys like myself, the almost a designer cadd draftsman...

But one question for Randy... Can't you?

I always do!  :wink:

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
at least you didn't call us artichokes . . .

:-D  well, sometimes I think that you guys are...  Do you know how many times I get some bad design and I catch it when we are going to lay it out.  I notify the engineer and he/she says "can't you make it work?!?"  :-D

You know I had a conversation with a LSIT last year whom insisted that he NOT learn any of the C3D design tools, "because I am going to be a surveyor, and that stuff is engineering."

I tried so very hard to get this young man to understand that knowledge of design would ultimately make him a better Surveyor. However my efforts were to no avail. :cry:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Craig Davis

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
Welcome!  Sinc and myself are surveyors as well, I don't know about anyone else...  I think most here might be...ummm....*cough* engineers *cough* but don't let that discourage ya!  :-)

Hey I take offense to that. (Hides screen from the Engineers near him). I'm a designer who started out doing survey so get involved in the survey side of things on a daily basis. I'm also managing to get out and do some surveying again which is great.

Craig Davis

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
You might try checking at civil3d dot com - they are now a vendor for MicroSurvey and Jason Hickey has spoken highly of it recently.

Dino,

Would you happen to have a direct link to where it is on that site? I've had a pretty good look around it and can't find it. If you can't that's fine.

I'm going to have to get in contact with a local seller to get a price I think.

Craig

Dinosaur

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 07:56:46 PM »
You might try checking at civil3d dot com - they are now a vendor for MicroSurvey and Jason Hickey has spoken highly of it recently.

Dino,

Would you happen to have a direct link to where it is on that site? I've had a pretty good look around it and can't find it. If you can't that's fine.

I'm going to have to get in contact with a local seller to get a price I think.

Craig
Sorry Craig, I forgot that I had followed a link in an article that took me to this page on the NEW EE CORPORATE PAGE.

sinc

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »
Or you can just go straight to the horse's mouth:

http://microsurvey.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »
I looked yesterday. You can buy it online for 2k.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2008, 06:49:56 AM »
Welcome!  Sinc and myself are surveyors as well, I don't know about anyone else...  I think most here might be...ummm....*cough* engineers *cough* but don't let that discourage ya!  :-)

Hey I take offense to that. (Hides screen from the Engineers near him). I'm a designer who started out doing survey so get involved in the survey side of things on a daily basis. I'm also managing to get out and do some surveying again which is great.

Good for you!  Many years ago, I got a BSCE but never went on to become a PE or even a EIT.  Engineers always ask me why I stayed with surveying.  I had two answers for him. 1) Surveyor's are more fun to hang out with and 2) I wanted more of a challenge!