Author Topic: Routine called detail  (Read 5697 times)

Craig

Routine called detail
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 08:29:28 PM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
I'm not computer geeky enough to tell you why it's not doing that on your machine.

Yeah, Dent's just geeky :lol:

hendie

Routine called detail
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 04:01:01 AM »
I had a play with the routine Dent posted.
I found that if I had a block partially placed within the first circle, it threw a wobbly when recreating the objects in the second circle. If there was no block in the first circle, it worked perfectly though.

Trev

Routine called detail
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 11:01:30 PM »
Of course an obvious next to perfect alternate solution would be to use a viewport, scaled to suit. Specific details notes placed on an alternate detail text layer freeze/thaw what do and do not want within your viewport.

As Keith stated it is very difficult to account for all possible secenario's when writing a program such as the 'detail' program.
You have to test every entity on the boundry if it can be trimmed then trim it, if it can not then do not trim but move to the next entity.

Plus on top of all that. That particular program (for memory) was written approx 10yrs ago. AutoCad has changed substantially in the mean time, with additions such as groups etc. and of course the author can not see into the future.

ps:No I had nothing to do with writing it, but I do remember using it many moons ago  :shock:  8)