Author Topic: not able to copy and paste  (Read 14898 times)

ELOQUINTET

not able to copy and paste
« on: August 25, 2004, 11:28:17 AM »
i have a coworker's drawings i'm working with and i am not able to copy and paste whether it's from the pulldown control c or right clicking. here's what i get when i try when i go to paste nothing happens. any ideas? my windows keys box in options is clicked

Command: _copyclip
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 552 found
Select objects:
Command:
Command:
Command: _pasteclip Duplicate definition of block _ARCHTICK  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block Title1_with_ID-2  ignored.
Duplicate definition of block BT67  ignored.
Specify insertion point:

M-dub

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 11:34:37 AM »
Are you pasting this into the same drawing or a new drawing?
What happens when you just try to copy and paste something other than these blocks?
Are you able to wblock and insert these objects?

SDETERS

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 11:51:50 AM »
Is the drawing a release 12 drawing?  When I export a drawing out of our other Drafting package it exports the drawing as a release 12 and I can not copy and paste the geometery until I save the drawing as a 2004 drawing.

Also when you select the lines and arc with out doing anything is there grips?

daron

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 12:07:25 PM »
check for blocks like archi seals. Explode the crap out of it then try copy and paste. I had that happen once.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 01:26:33 PM »
it doesn't seem to be object related it seems to be the whole drawing. even if i draw a new object (a circle) copy and paste it i get nuttin. i am doing this all in a single drawing and we all work with adt 3.3

M-dub

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 01:42:22 PM »
...and how 'bout wblock.  It sucks if you have to do it a lot, but if it's a one time deal, it should be another alternative...

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 03:48:59 PM »
this is actually a problem for my boss. he uses copy and paste by right click menu to modify existing details while preserving the originals. i told him why don't you just copy it and he said i did. i said no i mean regular autocad copy. see he does alot of things in autocad like he's working in windows and he only does things one way so explaining another way is helpful to me by for him no so. i just don't understand why it only happens with this guys drawings. guess nobody else has had that happen huh?

M-dub

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2004, 03:53:43 PM »
I've seen the error messages you posted before, but it was a LONG time ago...may have even been for R12 DOS.  I can't remember.
What happens if you open one of this guys drawings on your machine and resave it?  Does your boss still get the error?  What about a purge?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 04:32:16 PM »
error message, there is no message it just doesn't paste anything. i have never used r12. i just figured out it is in fact pasting but unless you select copy with basepoint it makes the basepoint miles away so when you paste you don't see anything but off in space somewhere you will find it. i've had this happen before how do i set it so the basepoint is around the object again???

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 04:51:23 PM »
think i've solved it. this guys imports 3d drawings from pro-e and it changes the ucs. i set it back to world and all is good. thanks for your help

M-dub

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 09:49:37 PM »
Hmm..."Off in space"...
I've had THAT pain in the arse before...
I see you've solved your problem, but this is one little tip on the fight against objects Off in space.

When you're copying or moving something, do it right!  I mean, select your objects, but if you want to cancel the command, DON'T do it by hitting Enter again!  It fires those objects Off Into Outer Space!!!  I don't know how to stop it from doing that, but one of the guys here does that constantly, so when you do a Zoom Extents, sometimes, the drawing is nothing but a wee spec in the corner and you'll see a line or whatever off in the other corner, etc...
Glad you got it fixed though, Dan.