Author Topic: The Official Swamp Wish List  (Read 41124 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: The Official Swamp Wish List
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:06 AM »
Your uncanny ability to misconstrue a statement, when you are smart enough to know the meaning, is quite amusing. But then perhaps I give you too much credit ... anyway to the point ...

Now to the point you missed ENTIRELY.  Which do you use MORE, Pan or Osnaps?  If its PAN, leave MBUTTONPAN set to one, if its osnaps, set it to zero.

I use pan infinitely more than osnaps .. ok that is not entirely accurate ... I have MBUTTONPAN set to 1 because I use running osnaps and for those instances where running osnaps don't suffice, I have already built the osnaps into the macros and programming that I use. I almost never enter an osnap by keyboard and infrequently use the menu for osnaps.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Josh Nieman

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »
Dear Autodesk,

A Helix that has consistent diameter and circularity.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
Dear Santa,
I would like the Edit Text (ddedit, etc.) dialog box to allow me to hit the up or down arrow which would allow me to scroll through previously entered strings of text.

Just like Microstation does.  :)

I have been a good boy this year and I will leave you cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer.

Thank-you,
Mike
There was a program for AutoCAD developed some time ago that did something similar .. it kept previously entered text and appended it to the symbols list, as new items were added, older items were removed. It worked even between drawings and sessions. .. I must see if I can find that...

M-dub

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
That would be cool.  I mean, it works at the command line, but it would be nice if it worked when editing text.

CADaver

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »
Dear Santa,
I would like the Edit Text (ddedit, etc.) dialog box to allow me to hit the up or down arrow which would allow me to scroll through previously entered strings of text.

Just like Microstation does.  :)

I have been a good boy this year and I will leave you cookies and milk and carrots for the reindeer.

Thank-you,
Mike
MTEXT??

M-dub

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »
Don't know about mtext... Other than dimensions, we only use mtext for multiple lines of text.

That was your point, right?  The fact that the above wishlist item would be kind of impractical with mtext?

CADaver

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
Your uncanny ability to misconstrue a statement, when you are smart enough to know the meaning, is quite amusing. But then perhaps I give you too much credit ...
I'm just reading what you're writing, if it written rotten, it's remains your writing.

First you say you zoom and pan so much you get dizzy (unless you're not "people") watching.  I ask if that's productive, seems a simple question.  You respond by saying you "zoom and pan the ENTIRE time".  I'm still curious about production.

Now if all that was merely hyperbole it begs a whole new question....

anyway to the point ...

Now to the point you missed ENTIRELY.  Which do you use MORE, Pan or Osnaps?  If its PAN, leave MBUTTONPAN set to one, if its osnaps, set it to zero.

I use pan infinitely more than osnaps .. ok that is not entirely accurate ... I have MBUTTONPAN set to 1 because I use running osnaps and for those instances where running osnaps don't suffice, I have already built the osnaps into the macros and programming that I use. I almost never enter an osnap by keyboard and infrequently use the menu for osnaps.
Then set your MBUTTONPAN to 1, the full intent of my question was to discover what you used more.

CADaver

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
Don't know about mtext... Other than dimensions, we only use mtext for multiple lines of text.

That was your point, right?  The fact that the above wishlist item would be kind of impractical with mtext?
Guess I'm missing your point here, can you explain??

deegeecees

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »
Cabs' Text Notes Insert is kind of a variation of that, but if your needs change from day to day, then my point is moot.

M-dub

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »

Ok, that makes two of us.

What did you mean by:  MTEXT??

CADaver

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »

You open up mtext in an editor and can see ALL the lines, scroll where ever you want.  What are you trying to do??

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »
Most people would get dizzy watching me zoom and pan in a drawing.
Hey Keith,
Long time no "see", howya doin'?
A seasoned person like you would know that but others might find it useful. Dynamic panning. Using mouse wheel combined with holding Ctrl key down. Takes a bit o' practise 1st, if moving mouse fast panning goes fast!

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »
Doing fine Serge ... I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw you post earlier ... I actually have something similar to that on my mouse already .. my scroll button does more than scroll and click .. it will also tilt left and right to pan in thos directions as needed ... I have been trying to figure out how to get it to pan following the mouse movements by tilting the wheel .. but so far no luck ...

M-dub

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »

You open up mtext in an editor and can see ALL the lines, scroll where ever you want.  What are you trying to do??

OHHH, sorry!!  I get it now...

No, what I meant was how acad would keep a history of 'recent entries' into the Edit Text dialog box.  Maybe even the Edit Attributes box.  Try putting your cursor at the command prompt and hit the up or down arrow.  It's just a little time saver, is all.  I make use of that functionality all the time when I'm using Microstation.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

OHHH, sorry!!  I get it now...

No, what I meant was how acad would keep a history of 'recent entries' into the Edit Text dialog box.  Maybe even the Edit Attributes box.  Try putting your cursor at the command prompt and hit the up or down arrow.  It's just a little time saver, is all.  I make use of that functionality all the time when I'm using Microstation.

Heck I would be happy if I could have a "user" defined list of symbols on a right click option.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans