Author Topic: Another Door Question  (Read 7269 times)

megamike

Another Door Question
« on: August 29, 2004, 12:56:31 PM »
I have a hinged double door that has to be shown with one leaf opened 50% and the other leaf opened 100%.
To get the job out , I ended up exploding the door, rotating one leaf, extending the swing arc and trimming the wall opening.
Any one know of a better way?

hyposmurf

Another Door Question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 05:34:40 PM »
Rather than exploding you would be better oif using the Modify-XREF and block editing-edit reference in place (for CAD 2K4).That way you dont have to explode the block and re-make it.Some one might have a lisp you could use.

daron

Another Door Question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 08:20:58 AM »
Actually, replace the dumb door with another door object. Then, instead of exploding it, select it and right click. You should get a long popup. Find door properties and select it. In the proceeding  dialog find a door open percent override. It is most likely set to 25. Now, when you say 50% to 100%, do you mean the door is open at a 45degree and you want it open to 90degrees? If so, you'll notice the override or standard is set to 25. You'll want 50% open for 90degrees as 100% would be 180degrees. Someone else with ADT readily accessible might be able to clear up my memory as my work workstation does not have ADT.

Anonymous

Another Door Question
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 09:14:28 AM »
The door is an ADT door object. It is a hinged double door (2 door leafs).
I want one leaf shown open 50% (90 degrees), the other open 100% (180 degrees). Problem is, in the door properties dialog there is only one place to change the open %. It controls both leafs, so if I change it to 50%, both leafs are shown opened 90 degrees.
I want to control the leafs independantly without exploding the object and turning it into a "dumb" door.
Personally. I would leave both doors opened the same %, but the p.i.t.a. architect wants it shown this way!

megamike

Another Door Question
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 09:16:36 AM »
:oops: forgot to log in (speaking of "dumb doors")

ImaJayhawk

Another Door Question
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 09:46:46 AM »
You can override the graphic by making a block of the way you want it to look.  Go to Entity Display and click Edit Display Props and then other.  Add your custom block then turn off the components you don't want to show.  Seems like one of the arch here had that same situation and called autodesk and they got around it by making some kind of curtain wall, but I'm not sure how.

--ImaJayhawk

megamike

Another Door Question
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 11:23:32 AM »
That is just what I needed JayHawk!
Thanks!

daron

Another Door Question
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 08:47:36 AM »
Hmm. I thought you were talking two different doors and somewhere in your original post it sounded as if you were exploding the door(s) to make this happen. Glad to know you're not.

megamike

Another Door Question
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 01:52:02 PM »
Right Daron, sometimes I don't communicate very well (just ask my wife!) :lol:
Actually, I did origanally explode a hinged double ADT door object to make this happen. couldn't tell a thing when I ploitted it!! Just did not want the next cadtech that worked on this file to be cursin' me, so came here for help. Thanks again.
I have had to do the same thing to depict a double swinging door with one leaf swinging out and the other swinging in.
Would be nice if we could control each leaf indepentantly in door properties....but, hey, now I have a work-around.

daron

Another Door Question
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 08:28:45 AM »
Well, I'm glad you came in. Always good to have new people showing up to the site. You can learn a lot from many here.