Author Topic: Installing Oce9400 on Windows XP Pro 64 bit?  (Read 3989 times)

Robb

Installing Oce9400 on Windows XP Pro 64 bit?
« on: April 03, 2008, 05:15:14 PM »
Hi, I just got two new CAD stations in the office which run on WinXP Pro x64 Operating System. Most of our office printers I was able to install and configure over the network once I downloaded the proper x64 bit drivers except for our Oce9400 plotter. I can't seem to install it properly over the network even with what I think is the proper driver that supports x64bit WinXP. Downloaded from the oceusa.com website. -> Driver Download Page

Does anyone have experience with this particular Oce plotter and installing the printer on a x64 OS?

The plotter server machine is running Windows 2000 I believe. Normally on the other workstations in the office (Win2000/XP Pro), I'd just go into the printer control panels and add printer. Select the proper configurations for a network printer, select the printer and that it usually installs properly. On the x64 bit systems when I try to install the Oce9400 plotter I get a prompt that there are no compatible drivers avail, then I get prompted to browse and select, which is what I want to do, but when I point to the folder where the downloaded drivers were extracted and hit OK, I get an error. I didn't write down the error message but if it helps I will post it when I encounter it again.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Rob

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Installing Oce9400 on Windows XP Pro 64 bit?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:08:07 PM »
You will want to run the SETUP.EXE that came from that download.

Actually it could be a two part process.

run the Setup.EXE on the print server.
Decompress the Zip file from that download on a server so you can get to the x64 drivers to install on the local machines. You may even get an option to add the x64 drivers during the above setup.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 06:13:19 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Robb

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »
You will want to run the SETUP.EXE that came from that download.

Actually it could be a two part process.

run the Setup.EXE on the print server.
Decompress the Zip file from that download on a server so you can get to the x64 drivers to install on the local machines. You may even get an option to add the x64 drivers during the above setup.

My existing print server for the plotter is running win2000. Its running fine for what we need it for but just encountered this problem when trying to bring on x64 bit machines onto the network. Now, are you recommending I run the setup.exe over the existing print server and reconfigure? Will the rest of the machines need to be reconfigured to this plotter again? I have about 50 users that are all setup to print to this device. I just want to make sure I am aware of what needs to be done before I go about executing the setup.exe. If it involves remapping the printers again then I need to alot some time for that.

Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
Then I think you will want to place the WPD folder on the Print Server and share it.
Then from the x64 machines point to the shared folder and run the SETUP.EXE on them.
During the install you will be prompted to enter the \\SERVERNAME\PRINTSHARE, and or
configure the port you want the x64 machines to print through.
This is done only for the x64 boxes and impacts no other users on the network.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Robb

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 05:51:23 PM »
Then I think you will want to place the WPD folder on the Print Server and share it.
Then from the x64 machines point to the shared folder and run the SETUP.EXE on them.
During the install you will be prompted to enter the \\SERVERNAME\PRINTSHARE, and or
configure the port you want the x64 machines to print through.
This is done only for the x64 boxes and impacts no other users on the network.

I will try that. Thank you sir!