Author Topic: Calling all Project Navigator junkies!!  (Read 5660 times)

Calling all Project Navigator junkies!!
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »
Got a few questions...

1) When using the PN, are you stuck with having to use the default Constructs, Elements, Sheets and Views folders or can you customize that?
2) How does it fit in with YOUR project structure?
3) Any good, easy to read white papers or tutorials (rather the help file) on how to use/implement this?  Links? PDFs? Anything?

Any feedback is appreciated.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Calling all Project Navigator junkies!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:13:43 PM »
Seems that you only need to create the project structure you want to use, IIRC.

With the exception of this little nugget:

Published date: 2006-Oct-05
ID: TS1060658

Applies to:
AutoCAD® Architecture 2008
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2007
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2006
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2005
Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2004

Issue

When you created a new project with the default template, the project was not completely created and you received the following error message:

Failed to copy project files

Solution

In Windows XP, there is a path length restriction of 256 characters. If the path length for the project files exceeds this limit, the error message will be displayed.

To correct this issue, reduce the path length by using shorter subdirectory names or fewer subdirectories.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »
1) When using the PN, are you stuck with having to use the default Constructs, Elements, Sheets and Views folders or can you customize that?
I think this was supposed to change with 2008 but frankly I haven't looked into it because the stock PN file structure is now our company standard!

2) How does it fit in with YOUR project structure?
See above!

3) Any good, easy to read white papers or tutorials (rather the help file) on how to use/implement this?  Links? PDFs? Anything?
Matt, I learned by having some time ( I know: a luxury ) and getting my hands dirty.  We customize EVERYTHING around here so our entire system has been streamed lined to utilize PN to the fullest.  Sorry I can't point you to a source, but if you have any specific questions I'll be glad to give it a shot and try to answer.

The Project Navigator is the single best tool Mr. AutoDesk and Co has come up with.  It has cut production time, seriously limited mistakes and misinformation, made my job so easy it's making me look bad, just a good solid tool: I hope you dive in and use it!!
James Buzbee
Windows 8

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »
So far it doesn't look like it will work with our folder structure.  :x