Code Red > AutoLISP (Vanilla / Visual)

Freeze layers in 4 out of 5 xrefs

(1/2) > >>

Guest:
I thought I could do this using some combination of wildcard characters but I'm coming up empty.

What I need to do is freeze multiple layers in multiple xrefs except for one xref.  For example: I need to freeze *|EQUIP* in 4 of the 5 xrefs that are loaded.  I can't simply freeze all *|EQUIP* layers then thaw all *|EQUIP* layers in the 5th xref because there are other "EQUIP" layers in the 5th xref that need to stay frozen.

Hope this makes sense...

T.Willey:
You might be able to put all the layers into a dialog box, and then just select all the ones you want to turn off/freeze.

CAB:
Clear as Mud. he he he  :evil:

Is there nothing unique about the layer names the need to remain thawed?

Guest:

--- Quote from: CAB on April 02, 2008, 01:00:22 PM ---Clear as Mud. he he he  :evil:

Is there nothing unique about the layer names the need to remain thawed?

--- End quote ---

Not really.... The same layer (name) can reside in multiple drawings.  I'd like to be able to just push a button and have the layers set correctly.  Hmmmmm.... gotta think about this one some more.

daron:
Is the name of the one to remain thawed of a specific name or is it just the fifth one in the collection? i.e. x1|equip, x2|equip...x5|equip. If you collect the xref's , get the name of the fifth and exclude it from the list, you should be able to to what you seek. That or flip the idea and include all xref names into the list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version