Author Topic: But I DO have a block checked out in Refedit!!!  (Read 4242 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
But I DO have a block checked out in Refedit!!!
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:34:36 AM »
Ok .. working in a drawing for some time .. edited a couple of blocks successfully using refedit. I go back to edit one of the blocks I had previously refedited. I select the block and enter the refedit command. After editing the block, I attempt to save the block, and I am presented with an error that I cannot use that command unless I have a block checked out in refedit. HUH????

I can't cancel the refedit command, I can't discard changes to the block, I can't save changes to the block. I can't save the drawing because AutoCAD tells me that a command is active. I finally managed to figure out that if I hit "undo" to a point prior to issuing the refedit command, I could save the drawing, but I still cannot refedit a block.

I can refedit in another open drawing but not in the affected one.
I can refedit in the affected drawing after closing AutoCAD and reopening the drawing .. but only a few times.
All of the typical repair procedures do not seem to work (wblock, insert/explode, dxf to R12 etc.)
This affects ALL drawings, even a brand new drawing with a brand new block. After a few refedits the refedit command will not allow you to do anything except undo to the point where you first entered the refedit command.

This is getting annoying
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Re: But I DO have a block checked out in Refedit!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:48:33 AM »
I've had that happen a few times but not consistently on ANY drawing.  Usually a purge, audit, purge again (to get any stragglers left behind) followed by yet another audit has worked on the drawing in question.

pmvliet

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »
Keith,

I had this problem before. Most likely running on 2002. I believe what was happening in my
situation (if I can remember correctly) is that a dialog/approval box appears somewhere in the background.
Not exactly sure how to explain it. It won't show up on a task manager or the start bar like some dialogs.

This causes Autocad to think a command is running because it is waiting for user input.

I'll try to remember if this was the cause for my problem... but, might job someone else's memory as well.

Pieter

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »
Dang, usually it clears up for me when I undo out of the edit, save, close autocad and reopen it... that's a persistent bugger you got there...  I got nothin'...

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 12:22:43 PM »
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »
can you post the afflicted file?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
can you post the afflicted file?

it is all .. any file, but only after using refedit a few times.

I checked "refeditname" and it shows a name, even though I am not editing a block at the time. However, if I close AutoCAD and reopen, it clears and I can refedit again. It appears to happen irregularly.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie